Science and Natural History discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > Group read nominations for April.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma, Inactive group creator (new)

Emma | 95 comments Mod
April nominations are now open! Choose one of your own books or find inspiration from the group's bookshelf.
***Only one nomination per person please ***
Nominations are open until March 7th 2012
All recommendations will be featured in our April read poll.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to go for something a little left-field:

Future Science: Essays from the Cutting Edge

Editor Max Brockman presents the work of some of today’s brightest and most innovative young researchers in this fascinating collection of writings that introduce the very latest theories and discoveries in science.

Future Science features eighteen young scientists, most of whom are presenting their work and ideas to a general audience for the first time.

message 3: by Emma, Inactive group creator (last edited Mar 04, 2012 04:58AM) (new)

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen | 18 comments Stephen Greenblatt, "The Swerve"

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Klaas | 2 comments Karen wrote: "Stephen Greenblatt, "The Swerve""
I would love to discuss this book, I've just started it, but will wait on it if it is to be discussed.

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Klaas | 2 comments Stephen Greenblatt, The Swerve

message 7: by Karen (last edited Mar 09, 2012 08:29PM) (new)

Karen | 18 comments Rather by accident, I had read "On the Nature of the Universe" by Lucretius just a few months before I read "The Swerve," which added considerably to my understanding and enjoyment of Stephen Greenblatt's work. I highly recommend Lucretius to all you "Swerve" readers!!

message 8: by Campbell (new)

Campbell (tartancrusader) I realise I'm a bit late to this particular party so I'll keep (what I think is) a cracking nomination to myself, until next month at least...

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen | 18 comments Campbell wrote: "I realise I'm a bit late to this particular party so I'll keep (what I think is) a cracking nomination to myself, until next month at least..."
I'm always ready for "cracking" book ideas!!

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rhouseman) | 3 comments I would love to discuss "The Swerve", too!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.