The Future of Us The Future of Us discussion

If this happened to you, the chance of knowing the future,

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte would you look into your future or leave it forever a mystery?

message 2: by J (new) - rated it 3 stars

J Charlotte :) (Mrs.FinnickOdair) wrote: "would you look into your future or leave it forever a mystery?"

I like mystery. So no, I would not want to know my future.

Astra I don't think anyone would be able to resist looking into their future.

Mochaspresso I wouldn't want to....but I think I would probably become obsessed with looking at it just like she did.

Alex I'd look. I'm very impatient and needy, so I'd want to know.

Allen I would be scared to do so because I'd be anxious about how my future turns out. At some point, sooner or later, I would probably force myself to stop thinking about the future so much and focus on the present instead.

Astra Allen wrote: "I would be scared to do so because I'd be anxious about how my future turns out. At some point, sooner or later, I would probably force myself to stop thinking about the future so much and focus on..."

I wish I had your restraint!

Amanda I would not want to know how my future turns out.

BookCrazy I would look at it as otherwise it would make me go crazy as I could find out how I do in life..

Catherine I would look at it EVERDAY!!

Satoka I would definitely look at it, but I wouldn't try to change it

message 12: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna I would take one look and only change it if it was super bad. I wouldn't mess with it that much though. Just look at all the trouble Marty got in Back to the Future

Charlotte Anna wrote: "I would take one look and only change it if it was super bad. I wouldn't mess with it that much though. Just look at all the trouble Marty got in Back to the Future"

Lol I love that movie! :D

Andreina I'd look into some details, but the rest, like the most important details, I won't look into it. I want to be surprise.

message 15: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Andreina wrote: "I'd look into some details, but the rest, like the most important details, I won't look into it. I want to be surprise."

I never thought of that but ya I want to be surprised about my future

message 16: by Ariie (new) - added it

Ariie I'd look into certain things. Not the most important things, but just...things. But yeah, no messing with it, unless it's really all that bad...depending on what it is... Like one comment said about Back to the Future, heh. (I LOVE those movies! <3)

message 17: by Roan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roan It's a scary thing. I wouldn't look things from my future but I think I'll take a peek into my friends and family's future.. my family (now not the future). HAHA!

But if I look at it and didn't like the future I'll have then I would definitely do something about it. So, the best thing to do is just -- not look. But it'll be hard.

Storm it would be very hard not to look at it, but i wouldnt, i wouldnt want my life laye out already for me, and constantly trying to make it better, people make mistakes and sometimes life is less then perfect, but its still better then already knowing the path you will lead, so i wouldnt look at my future

Charlotte I probably wouldn't do it, as much as I would love to, I wouldn't wanna make things worse, and if things do turn about in the future I just have to stay positive and work my way around things! :)

Sylvia I would look into my future in a heartbeat!

Jennifer I would look! LOL But like in the book little changes would keep changing it. It could be stressful. Plus like Josh said, a few sentences about you being miserable in 15 years doesn't mean you are always miserable or have been for 15 years. It might mean one bad day and just one sad status update. It would be hard to judge your whole future just off facebook. I loved the book. I thought it was an interesting idea. I loved Emma and Josh and was so happy they got together but I wish there had been an epilogue so we could see them in the future happy with kids or something.

message 22: by Lia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lia i think that emma was a little selfish in talking josh from his happy ever after to be with her just because her love life didn't turn out so well. if ihad a chance to she how my life turned out i would not become depressed if i didn't like how it turned out i would try to make better choices and make the best of it

Siobhan Yes I agree, she was selfish, but I know loads of people that would do that.
I would like to not, as I would like to be able change and not worry.
Life is what we make it, not whats a computer thinks

message 24: by Lia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lia exactly, her life could have been perfect for all we know and she just went on Facebook to vent out her feelings like a lot of people i know

Yoana I believe that people FORM their futures. It's not a path that they have to take. So, I guess I would "forever leave it a mystery".

Debbie Meyer Tough one. Sometimes I wish I could go back and tell my teenage self a thing or two (or a hundred things), but things happen that change us - who am I to know for sure that a bad thing doesn't turn into a good thing?? I would probably do exactly what Emma did, and obsess, but it would freak me out about changing the future by knowing too much.

Cristina I would definitely obsess over it, but I would try not to. I really don't want to know my future, because then I think that would impact my choices, and lead to something more unhappy. If i make the choices I want without knowledge of my future, I think I will be able to live happier, because I know I lived life just in the now. Less regrets that way. But I don't think I would be able to resist, I probably would end up looking at least once.

Bianka Gravillis well me i would obviously be curious what my future holds so i might take a quick peek but if i start to relize how it affects everyone i care about i would stop.

message 29: by J.J. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J.J. Lair I would do this lame type of peek at my future. Read every fourth word of the postings in the story (Future of Us), but I wouldn't want to know everything.