The outsiders discussion

venting/ranting > Are you an outsider?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Are you an outsider? Do you feel like you don't fit in? Feel like you don't belong? Share whatever your thinking and feeling but please don't cuss and only share what you're comfortable sharing. :) Oh, and please don't put people down.

Do you feel like an outsider?

Samantha The Escapist (greatescapist) | 46 comments Mod
^^ I've mostly made myself an outsider. From the first day of school when I was little I saw the way kids treated each other and not only thought it was pointless and mean, but I thought they were honestly pretty stupid. So I distanced myself from most people until I was about 12 or 13 and started actually trying to make friends. I made it through the rest of school pretty laid back and able to hang out in all the groups (the band nerds, art students, popular kids, sports teams and especially the hackey-sack playing hippies)

Now that I made it through all that lol I'm into my 20s and I keep my circle of friends very small indeed. I still feel a lot of contempt for the things I see around me that people do to each other, but I see just enough positive things to keep me going too.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 51 comments I am an outsider.
I have 'friends' that I'm not really close to.
I was bullied for years, and thought his has stop, the popular kids continue to bully my only friend that hasn't been mean to me.
Relationships with the rest of my grade are...civil.
I get the feeling that no one really likes me much.
I don't know where I belong.
I like my goodreads friends, and I think goodreads is like therapy for me. :)

Berwald ~I Have Moved Accounts~ | 3 comments Yes, im an outsider.

Ive been bullied sence 2nd or 1st grade. Its really sad to know that. I feel like a soccer ball, being kicked around. I, sometimes, express my feelings on here by starting a fight in rp with someone else... Sometimes

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I sort of feel like an outsider sometimes when I'm sitting by myself in a classroom while people are having conversations around me..

But that like, never happens now because I've made some new friends and I've got God :)

Sometimes I think that people don't like me or that they think I'm annoying and stuff and when my friends tell me that they think I'm amazing I sometimes find it hard to believe.

But, I have decided to start giving up those thoughts to God, he thinks that I'm perfect as I am and he thinks that every single person in the world is amazing just the way they are, that includes you guys who posted above me :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Shannon wrote: "I sort of feel like an outsider sometimes when I'm sitting by myself in a classroom while people are having conversations around me..

But that like, never happens now because I've made some new fr..."

:D We are never alone, He is always with us :)

I am an outsider. Sure I used to have "popular" friends but we spread apart and after that they started talking behind my back so I thought I was better off without them. So then I swayed into a large group of people that were funny and made me laugh and welcomed me with open arms. I spent up to 5th grade with them and just when I had finally had found my place, I moved schools. Then I made two friends at my new school. It didn't bother me that they were loners but it bothered me that they copied everything I did, dress sense, how they talk, and they tried to be like me. It got crazy after that and sure they had a good heart but they were bringing me down too with their problems and I don't think they realised it. I drifted away from them, needed to breathe and sure they were angry, sad but they still talk to me civilly and there's no hard feelings.

I was alone for a while and then was friends with this girl. She was obsessed (i'm talking obsessed) with this guy going to this high school across the street from us. She claimed she had spoken to him, knows where his house is and stalks him on facebook. She calls me up at midnight and says that she knows his name. I talk to her and by the end of the phonecall she never tells me his name. She created something out of nothing and I think was really guy crazy. All she ever talked about was him, made sick jokes and I'm sorry but I couldn't take it.

Anyway I have now 2 friends, but I have trouble getting close to them. It just feels like my heart isn't in it and I'm hanging at with them for the sake of it. The closest thing I have to me is me, and I kinda like being alone and my space.

I should probably stop talking now :D Its reassuring to know that others feel similar to what I'm feeling and we can relate to each other :)

I think being an outsider is great. Just being original and looking at things from a different point of view. :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 02, 2012 04:54PM) (new)

Charlie I luv Gale Hawthorne wrote: "I am an outsider.
I have 'friends' that I'm not really close to.
I was bullied for years, and thought his has stop, the popular kids continue to bully my only friend that hasn't been mean to me.
Re..."

I know, goodreads is great! We all here have a passion for books and when I'm feeling down, I just pick up a book and start reading. Reading is therapy.

I get this alot:
"Why do you read so much? Its boring" or
"Put that book down and be social" or
"What are you, some kinda geek?"
"Geek!"
This is what my mum says "If I see you reading on a weeknight, I'm going ban you from reading books. Spend some time doing your homework or doing the chores" yada yada yada. If I read a book on the weekends, she's like "Spend some quality time with your family". So really, I'm not allowed to read (although I still do) ;)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Shelby wrote: "Yes, im an outsider.

Ive been bullied sence 2nd or 1st grade. Its really sad to know that. I feel like a soccer ball, being kicked around. I, sometimes, express my feelings on here by starting a..."

It does feel good to be angry, to shout at people, to let your emotions out. All the time in my dreams, I'm always yelling at somebody and the meaning of this is "we probably are unable to express emotion appropiately in real life, but we can do so in dreams"

message 9: by Shannon (last edited Mar 03, 2012 09:54PM) (new)

Shannon Hey :) That's understandable :)

I agree with what you said there :) I've learnt from experience that if you don't let the bullying drag you down then nothing can stop you!!! :D Also, if you're nice to people who are trying to irritate you etc then they will eventually get bored with you and leave you alone XD