The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (The Twilight Saga, #3.5) The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner discussion

Edward's Description?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (last edited Mar 01, 2012 12:13AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Grace When reading Twilight Edward is described to have bronze hair. However in this book it keeps saying he's a red head. So is there some type of mess up, or am I missing something?

Amanda Well bronze would be described as red as well. It's just a different shade. Like how people with ginger hair are said to have red hair. I think it's just a different description of it. I don't remember his hair being referred to as red in the book though? Not that I'm saying you're mistaken or anything I just can't remember!

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I think it depends on who is describing it. Bella called it bronze. Bree called it red.

Julie Yeah. Hmm...I was curious about that. I guess...highlights???
~J

message 5: by Nicole D. (last edited Mar 01, 2012 12:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nicole D. If you put 3 people in a room and ask them describe each other.One will say she has blonde hair another golden hair.Another will say he had dark brown hair,chocolate brown hair,ect..Everyone uses different words when describing people.

Kirby Nicole wrote: "If you put 3 people in a room and ask them describe each other.One will say she has blonde hair another golden hair.Another will say he had dark brown hair,chocolate brown hair,ect..Everyone uses d..."

good point

Julie Maybe it was because it WAS more red, but just seemed bronze-ish and you could only see the red with super vamp powers!! :D LOL
~J

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 05, 2012 11:26AM) (new)

It may have something to do with his hair in the sunlight. Maybe it looks more red or bronze when it's with all the sparkles? Apparently, Edward's "beautiful" no matter what, so I don't know whether people actually notice that much. xD

Faith Lowery Nicole wrote: "If you put 3 people in a room and ask them describe each other.One will say she has blonde hair another golden hair.Another will say he had dark brown hair,chocolate brown hair,ect..Everyone uses d..."

Exactly this. I seem to recall Bella saying it was red a few times too Bronte, I think it all comes down to the way the light was hitting it. Bronze, red, potato, potato. I think they're saying the same thing, only differently.

message 10: by Bsp (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bsp Who really cares?

message 11: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Bronze is a shade of Red, like Auburn is a shade of Red...

Mikaela Its just peoples different interpretations. and remember Bella is in love with Edward so she may be exaggerating, she would see it completley different from Bree, remember Bree's not in love with him besides she comes from a rougher background and probably doesn't pay that much attention to detail.

Deanne Chapman There are lots of different shades of red ~ you should see my family, we all have different shades of red. Bronze is just one of those shades.