Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)
This topic is about The Goddess Test
The Goddess Test > First thoughts?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Now that you have begun the book what do you think? Are you going to read along? no spoilers please!

message 2: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

I'll be starting this soon...I just have to finish the book I am reading now. Which is due back to the library tomorrow so I am hurrying it along!

Amber (jubilantdusk) | 14 comments I'm reading along. So far it seems alright, but I'm not far enough in to make any real judgements yet.

Azhia | 5 comments Im going to start it , i heard it really good though (:

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) I'm in the first few chapters of this book. And I think, because I had high expectations before reading this book, I'm actually feeling disappointed. I thought this would be a cross between Hunger Games and Percy Jackson. But as far as I've read, it's not at all. I'm also disappointed because it lacks action. But maybe that's just because I haven't read far into this story, so I'm going to continue reading it.

Ashley Lavering (ashleylavering) the book wrapped me up in the mystery and how things were going to play out. I really enjoyed trying to figure out who everyone was at the beginning!

Grace (gdaminato) | 520 comments My first impression - yawn! The only reason I'm continuing - in fact, the only reason I started - is because this group selected it. So far, I find Kate to be really annoying and dumb.

message 8: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

I am a little surprised at Kate's abrupt decisions in the beginning. They seem careless with no thought put in them.

Grace (gdaminato) | 520 comments Angie wrote: "I am a little surprised at Kate's abrupt decisions in the beginning. They seem careless with no thought put in them."

Exactly! She doesn't show much improvement later on either. Her reactions seem so self-centred and that's totally at odds with other things she does.

Rachel (almostasandwich) I don't like this book so far at all. If it wasn't the group book, then I wouldn't even keep going. Maybe I wouldn't dislike it as much if I didn't love mythology.

I'll probably finish the book today.

message 11: by Maggie (new) - added it

Maggie (Pauline07) | 3 comments Intriguing so far.