Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) Pandemonium question

Alex and Julian BROTHERS?
Sara Sara Feb 29, 2012 12:04PM
Does anyone else think they are brothers? Here is my theory we know Julian has a brother 6 years older, his dad beat him locked him in a basement and the crying stopped. Then Thomas Fineman said his son was dead. Do we believe him. I don't! I think Alex and Julian are BROTHERS.

Actually That can't be possible because Alex's mother dies right after he was born and Alex's dad was in the cyrpts before he was born. And Alex is 19, it said it in Delririum too.

Earlier in the book I actually had that theory. But I don't think Alex is a full six years older than Julian. Isn't Alex close to Lena's age and so is Julian? Plus didn't Alex say he had been in the wilds since a child. I forget. I've been meaning to re-read Delirium to get all my information about Alex straight.

Mary Alex, tells Lena at the Crypts, he was born in the Wilds, that his mother died, and everyone raised him after that. He than came to Portland when he w ...more
Mar 03, 2012 12:24PM
Andrea Blanch it says in the book that Alex was in college but maybe just 2 years older from Lena.
May 05, 2012 10:46PM

I love the idea that Alex and Julian are brothers. But, as has been highlighted, it's basically impossible.

A shame, really. A twist like that would have made the already desperate situation even more unbearable!

I love to speculate too but it's too early. I know Lauren would make an unexpected twist and this excites me! :D

I dont think so. Plus knee injuries dont completely go away. There would have been a tell if alex had his knee crushed at one point.