Fallen (Fallen, #1) Fallen discussion

Should I finish reading this book?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maria I am half way in the book and I am having a hard time wanting to contunie reading it.. Does it get any better?

Claudia the Night Owl no it doesn't

Rachael Well I think you either love the Fallen series or you don't. I personally loved them. My worry for you would be if you did finish and went on to read the second you'd struggle even more to finish that one as it goes rather slow. For me it did anyway but then again if we have opposing tastes in literature then maybe you'd prefer it.
At the end of the day it has to be down to you and your preferences, there's nothing worse than a book your only picking up so you can get it out of the way so maybe you think about keeping it down. Maybe try again later down the line. Tastes and preferences are always changing.

Maria I read HUSH, Hush series and love it. I was recommended to read this series since I loved the HUSH, HUSH. Hmm I might just finish it out so atleast I will get some answers. I agree it is rather slow.

thank you,

Rachael I read on here from a fair few people that the Hush Hush series was better than Fallen. I haven't read them yet but I'm really looking foward to starting.
Maybe because I started with the Fallen series and not Hush Hush I haven't been dissapointed. You may have got your hopes up too much.

Daniëlle The ending of the book is the best part (my thoughts).

moonisahh no its as simple as that.

David Read the Book -__-

Shawn Keenan I wouldn't slam anyone who liked the book, everyone's tastes are different and the book is not poorly written by any means. But if I could spend those last few hours that I spent reading the second half of the book doing something else, I would.

David God, once you start a book especially a series YOU NEVER DITCH IT BEFORE YOU FINISH IT!!!! People don't read books like me......

I hated the book Artimies Fowl in 6th grade, one year later I finally read and THEN I read the other 7 books AND I ACTUALLY LIKED IT. I'm just saying don't spend your money on a book then don't finsh it.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Well... I will say this much. I've read both this and Hush, Hush. This book was MUCH more interesting than Hush, Hush. If you really don't like it, I wouldn't push trying to make yourself read it, but if you think maybe you'll like it, keep going. It's full of surprises. ;)

message 12: by Anna (last edited Mar 01, 2012 08:21AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anna Well, the book was more or less good at the beginning, but then it got really boring for me (and I also began to hate the main character ) and that was difficult to continue reading it, especially when I knew approximately what the ending would be like. I still haven't finished it, but since there are not so many pages left to read now and because I don't like to put off the book without finishing it, I'm going to do it someday. I feel it right now, behind me on the shelf, looking at me disapprovingly..;)

Sheri If you are frustrated with the "confusion factor".. it doesn't change. It is a lot of open ended or in my case 'what in the *!@? is going on'..,that being said, I still loved it. It's a good series and I am anxious for the conclusion. Book 3 is fun, takes a bit of a twist with flashbacks and trips down memory lane..however, I was left feeling that Luce's story is still- clear as mud!

Vetsy Rachael wrote: "Well I think you either love the Fallen series or you don't. I personally loved them. My worry for you would be if you did finish and went on to read the second you'd struggle even more to finish t..."

I completely agree with you.

message 15: by J.D. (new) - rated it 3 stars

J.D. Field Ditch it. if you don't like it yet, use it to prop up your bed, or something.

Rachael I really did love all of them I just think the second book should have been more of an 'inbetweener' as that's exactly what it felt like.
So Maria, have you decided what to do?

Maria I guess I will finishi it out. LOL thanks everyone for your feedback.

Daniëlle Great! I am currently reading the second one, Torment, and I think it's so much better than Fallen, but that's just my opinion :-)

David This book was Awesome and if you don't like it, Fuck you. ^_^

message 20: by Jules (new) - added it

Jules Honestly, I wouldn't continue to read it. I read the whole thing, hoping it would get better but it didn't. Of course, personal preference is a huge factor, but I thought it was somewhat unoriginal and I found myself mad at the main character more than once.

message 21: by Anna (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anna Jules wrote: "Honestly, I wouldn't continue to read it. I read the whole thing, hoping it would get better but it didn't. Of course, personal preference is a huge factor, but I thought it was somewhat unoriginal..."

Exactly. That is exactly what I think.

message 22: by Mary (new) - rated it 1 star

Mary HORRIBLE BOOK! DON"T read it! Return it so you can get back your stolen money!

Emily I LOVE it and think it is so AWESOME you should reread it too.

message 24: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Pickrahn It's an amazing book you should read all of them.

Pamela I think you should finish it because it does get better at the end.

Karie Rachael wrote: "I read on here from a fair few people that the Hush Hush series was better than Fallen. I haven't read them yet but I'm really looking foward to starting.
Maybe because I started with the Fallen s..."

I started with the fallen series also. So when I first read it I really liked it, but then I went and read the Hush Hush series and LOVED It. I went back to reread the fallen series when the third book came out but I could barely make it through the first one the second time around. Its not that Lauren Kate is a bad writer. I just really do not like most of the Characters in Fallen especially Luce. She was a pain in the first book and she only gets worse through the next couple. It is my suggestion that if you cant make it all the way through the first book then dont waste your time because you wont end up liking the other ones. :)

message 27: by Cynthia (last edited Mar 07, 2012 11:22AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cynthia If you don't like it, then why suffer through it? I am personally not a fan of Fallen myself. It just didn't "do" it for me. It was one of the last books I suffered through and decided if I didn't like something, I wouldn't keep reading.

This is one of those series that fall into the "Love It" or "Hate It" pile (much like Twilight). There are folks that rave about how good it was, then there are the ones that despise it.

I suppose the bottom line is don't waste your time on books you don't like (can't connect with) because there are far too many books out there that are amazing you could be spending time on :)

Samantha The Escapist I wish someone had told me not to bother finishing it. At least I borrowed it so no money.

Given that the big reveal is easy enough to assume from the prologue, there is really nothing interesting in the book until the very ending which does, admittedly, have a decent climax.

Skip to the action at the end, it's interesting, you probably won't even be lost.

I read this after the first Hush Hush as well, the rest of Hush Hush I think it awful but the first is much better than this book. I did not continue the Fallen series.