College Students! discussion

Past Discussions of Group Reads > A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
We are going to have one thread for each book as now Goodreads has made a spoiler tag that you can use to put before anything that is a spoiler. Use your discretion as to what would be a pretty big spoiler and label it. Please put up to what page the spoiler is for.

To create the tag simply do this:

< spoiler> Blah blah blah spoilery stuff < /spoiler>

*Take out the spaces in both of the spoiler tag.

It will look like this:

(view spoiler)

Discuss away...

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan I knew Game of Thrones the tv series and Game of Thrones the book were pretty similar but I didn't realise they were almost word for word in places! It's pretty crazy.

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia Albuquerque (jalbuquerque) | 16 comments Yes, it is true, Megan! There are some scenes that came from the second book and other things that are explicit on the show that had only been hinted at the novel but it truly is quite faithful when you consider the amount of material it wishes to cover.

Which is a great thing when there are some scenes you were really looking forward to. George RR Martin himself has written two episodes for the show so far.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan I don't like how they played up the sexualised relationship between Daenerys and Viserys in the tv series. I didn't like it when I watched it and I like the more subtle way it is achieved in the book. Otherwise I like most parts.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (sweetboxx) really afraid that i won't finish this book by this month -_-"

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris | 93 comments Loved the book. Loved the series. It was so dead on. And while the Daenarys/Viserys relationship is pretty gross, I feel that the series did the book justice and I could definitely see it being in the book that way as well. Now I'm just waiting to get Book Two from the library so I can start Season Two this Sunday. SQUEE!!!

message 7: by Martha (last edited Oct 07, 2013 09:09PM) (new)

Martha | 67 comments I loved this book! So much that I've also read the following 2 books in the series. I must admit that I thought it was quite slow at first and that there was just way too much description and not enough action that I considered to stop reading it. But halfway through the book the pace picks up and stuff starts happening. Amazing read!!!!

Oh, by the way, the TV show is awesome as well!