The 1700-1939 Book Club! discussion

Les Liaisons dangereuses
This topic is about Les Liaisons dangereuses
Past Group Reads > Dangerous Liaisons by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos (Part One)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (last edited Mar 09, 2012 01:46AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jamie  (jaymers8413) | 738 comments Mod
This is for the discussion of Dangerous Liaisons by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos (Part One).

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Gilbert (laurengilbert) | 2 comments I have ordererd this book, and am excited about reading it! I loved the movie VALMONT, and enjoyed DANGEROUS LIAISONS as well, and will be interested to see if either did any justice to the book.

Silver I am finding it gets a bit confusing to keep all the characters straight and remembering who is who, but I quite enjoy the way in which the story is written in the form of letters. I hope as I keep reading I will get a better handle on the various different characters.

Silver wrote: "I am finding it gets a bit confusing to keep all the characters straight and remembering who is who, but I quite enjoy the way in which the story is written in the form of letters. I hope as I keep..."

Good to know. I'll make a list so I will know who is who.

Silver With all the French names and titles I found it a bit difficult to keep track.

Nilgün (hassiz) | 22 comments Silver wrote: "I am finding it gets a bit confusing to keep all the characters straight and remembering who is who, but I quite enjoy the way in which the story is written in the form of letters. I hope as I keep..."

I aggre, at the begining it was realy difficult to recognize the caracters...

Nilgün (hassiz) | 22 comments Jamie wrote: "Silver wrote: "I am finding it gets a bit confusing to keep all the characters straight and remembering who is who, but I quite enjoy the way in which the story is written in the form of letters. I..."

:) good idea but I am stil %31 :))

Nilgün (hassiz) | 22 comments thats mean I start it tooo !!!

Nilgün (hassiz) | 22 comments I like the way it is written, the letter wording, so have can it to be together so arrogant and respectful? I wish I could live in that time :(((((8

Silver I really enjoying the parallel romances between Danceny and Cecile and Tourvel and Valmont, particularly with Madame de Merteuil as a sort of go between them both.

Nilgün (hassiz) | 22 comments Silver wrote: "I really enjoying the parallel romances between Danceny and Cecile and Tourvel and Valmont, particularly with Madame de Merteuil as a sort of go between them both."

I see more than romances in it, there is intrigue bad thinkniss abouth handling human... thats made me a littlebit sad about this story. but generel I am in the romancing too :))

Silver Nilgun wrote: "Silver wrote: "I really enjoying the parallel romances between Danceny and Cecile and Tourvel and Valmont, particularly with Madame de Merteuil as a sort of go between them both."

I see more tha..."

I mostly just used the word "romance" as a coneviant way to explain it.

My book hasn't been sent to my library yet but one it is I will break this up into chapters.

Nilgün (hassiz) | 22 comments :))

Gitte - Bookworm's Closet (gittetofte) I've read about 50 pages so far and I'm really enjoying it! I think this is going to be an interesting read!

message 16: by Gitte - Bookworm's Closet (last edited Mar 08, 2012 06:09AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gitte - Bookworm's Closet (gittetofte) I wrote all the names down from the very start, and that really helped me! I find that often when I've written the names down, I don't actually have to look them up - I can remember the characters and what they are to each other by writing it down.

I just started reading and so far I find the book interesting. I have seen the movie so that helps me keep track of the people. I'll comment more later!