Specials (Uglies, #3) Specials discussion

Where you really upset when Zane died?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lalala*Saredo* (last edited Feb 29, 2012 10:18AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lalala*Saredo* I was really upset becuase i acually liked hime i also liked Davaid so i don't really care who she ends up with but zane dying was really upsetting. But zane was my favorite charcter i threw a tantrum when i read the part about when he died.

Valerie I was about to rip the book apart.... but then I remembered i had to finish it. I was apalled

Madeline Zane was the only character I liked. :(

Atlantic Gem Valerie wrote: "I was about to rip the book apart.... but then I remembered i had to finish it. I was apalled"

Me 2.

Taylor I threw the book across the room. I loved Zane way more than I liked David. If they had to kill someone off, why couldn't it have been him? Not Zane. He was my favorite character.

Jenn Taylor wrote: "I threw the book across the room. I loved Zane way more than I liked David. If they had to kill someone off, why couldn't it have been him? Not Zane. He was my favorite character."

I totally agree! I actually cried, it made me so upset. David could have ended up with Shay. Tally belonged with Zane.

Kasey I never got attached to Zane like i did David. But i was surprised they killed him off =[

Melissa Oliver Thank you everyone! The last Uglies discussion board I found was a Zane-bashing session. I didn't understand why everyone hated him so much! He was my favorite character, too. This is how big of a dork I am: when he died, I called my boyfriend in tears. His response: "Why are you... you're reading again, aren't you?" lol I almost didn't finish the series I was so upset...

Lalala*Saredo* Melissa wrote: "Thank you everyone! The last Uglies discussion board I found was a Zane-bashing session. I didn't understand why everyone hated him so much! He was my favorite character, too. This is how big o..."

hahah me too i would totally do that. I think Zane was the best charcter i liked sooo muchh

Allie Zane was totally my favorite character. Though i didn't quite throw the book across the room but i didn't pick up the book for days after i read that part. I was soooooooooo upset. I really hated David anyway. So I was really really disappointed with the ending!!!!! Ughhhhh

message 11: by Habz (new) - added it

Habz Why would any1 Bash Zane!
He was my fav character and i was soooooooooooooooo upset when he died:(

Lalala*Saredo* Habz wrote: "Why would any1 Bash Zane!
He was my fav character and i was soooooooooooooooo upset when he died:("

totaly agree people sometimes upset me so much because they just make up reasons to hate on charcters and i am not ike that i either hate a charcter or love a charcter but i have reasons.

Jacqui I bawled my eyes out. I loved Zane so much. :( :(

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Taylor wrote: "I threw the book across the room. I loved Zane way more than I liked David. If they had to kill someone off, why couldn't it have been him? Not Zane. He was my favorite character."

I loved Zane and all, but killing off David would have shown that like being pretty is good or whatever. So I just wish Zane hadn't died :,(

Jules Upset does not even begin to describe how I felt when Zane died. Not even close :/

Lalala*Saredo* i knoww

Stephanie why would they kill zane and not david zane is amazing and it is clear that Tally likes him better

Michaela I was also upset when Zane died although I think a huge part of why I was upset was because of the last scene between him and Tally, her being disgusted by him and running off. It felt really tragic that that would be her last memory of him.

Jules couldn't have said it better. I was thought it was sort of interesting when she became a special - it didn't upset me too much. The downsides are a) she has sharp teeth and b)she no longer feels for Zane the same way. that part really got me

Charlotte yes!

Christina Oh Zane, the charismatic, "bad" boy. Yes, I also hated to see him die. He was just so darn lovable! Still, I can understand why he was written off. Zane was her tether to her old life and old goals. David on the other hand symbolizes her new mission. With Zane being gone she has no reason to return or alter that mission.

Jules I agree with that, but an author should not kill off a character just because he/she has no better way to help the main character choose between two men. It's sooo frustrating when they do that.

Olivia Yes! I loved Zane! I mean sure I liked David better at first but that was before Tally met Zane! Zane shouldn't have died. I loved him too much.

Jules Exactly. I had no desire after that to read on. Of course I DID finish it, but in the end what's it worth if the best dude is gone?

Erin C. Exactly the same, once he died, i had to text my sister and say "Zane is dead, should i read the rest, is it worth it?"

rowan I was really shocked! I was almost sure Tally wouldn't let anything happen to him. I still like David better, though. I think he was a bit nicer and less pretty-headed.

Claudia Marcela I loved Zane, he was my favorite character, so when I read about his death... I was crying and hating to Westerfeld. Zane's death was unexpected and hurried. I really thought that he would survive and he would be happy.

message 28: by Elaina (new) - added it

Elaina Claudia Marcela wrote: "I loved Zane, he was my favorite character, so when I read about his death... I was crying and hating to Westerfeld. Zane's death was unexpected and hurried. I really thought that he would survive ..."

i agree i just read the part where zane died and it felt very rushed and her feelings for him were not well expressed. i thought he would survive as well considering when tally said goodbye it wasn't very upsetting. it was only upsetting bc i loved zane so much. i kind of don't want to finish the series now that he is gone. and ik tally will end up with david which will anger me even more :'(

message 29: by Elaina (new) - added it

Elaina gah couldn't be any angrier right now that westerfield killed him off like that. the chapter before that i was thinking when zane would reappear bc he wasn't in the book that much... -____- i don't think i can finish the series until his death sinks in for me haha

Sophie I was so upset! I thought Tally went WAY better with Zane than she did David. Zane was so lovely, but David left Shay for Tally, which I thought wasn't very nice of him. How can Tally trust him if he does that sought of thing. How does she know he won't do it again, only it would be her he was leaving this time? Just saying.

Katie Beth I was always a David fan actually.... I'm SORRY! But Zane just... didn't seem like the greatest gut for Tally.

Marline I liked zane! I was upset when he died I thought he'd last but hey stuff happens...

message 33: by Zoe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoe I am glad he died, because you couldn't predict it. It made it so Tally had a reason to fight.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ I kinda sat there open mouthed for a minute, but I got over it

Lunariette Yeah, I was a David fan. I never really attached to Zane like I did all of the other characters. But still, it was sad when he died.

Katie Beth I was defiently sad to see him go, but I was also like, "omg! Plot change!" So I was completely and totally expecting the unexpected. It seems like at this point the only book I ever read where the girl DOESN'T go for the first guys Hunger Games...

Sadaf Although I liked David more, I think Zane was better suited for Tally and it's just horrible that he had to die for her to be re-wired completely...

message 38: by Rob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob I like Zane, but I wasn't really surprised he died.

Saima he was my favorite character in the book and when he died, my heart broke into a million pieces. Although i like david and zane equally, i liked Zane's attitude and at times, david and tally were equally annoying.

Laura YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was really upset when he died. As indicated by the above exclamations
He was my favourite character, by far.

Alexis Moresi I cried like a baby when he died. He was my FAVORITE character. I liked tally at first but after she became special she ANNOYED THE FUCK OUTTA ME. And i like David but i dont like them TOGATHER. and the fact that Zane dies and her and David go out in the wild togather just tells me that they will get togather AGAIN. I mean come on you go for David who, not to mention was YOUR BESTFRIENDS crush, then dump him on his ass once you turn pretty (which wasnt really her fault)and go for someone who is pretty,(Which was a good choice on tally's part, because Zane was AMAZING) then after Zane dies she going to go after david...AGAIN. Idk but i never really liked tally all too much. I thing she was better when she was with Zane. I wish he wouldnt have died. Poor guy, He loved her soo much and they reason he went under that surgery that killed him was because he didnt want tally to see him as pathetic. I wish They both would have stayed pretty and taken Maddys pills, but no Shay had to go and fuck that all up by turning Tally special. Zane was doing fine until tally didnt even want to look at him.....it disgusts me.

message 42: by Alexis (last edited Apr 20, 2012 08:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexis Moresi Elaina wrote: "Claudia Marcela wrote: "I loved Zane, he was my favorite character, so when I read about his death... I was crying and hating to Westerfeld. Zane's death was unexpected and hurried. I really though..."

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL!.....OMG.

Just a Girl Fighting Censorship I was pissed! best character!

message 44: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy I was deeply distraught when Zane died. Matter of fact, I'm tearing up just writing this. I think it was the writing during the scene that really got to me. You feel the pain Tally feels. Sure, it was young love, but it was real and strong for her. It's heartbreaking enough to breakup with someone you love like that, but for them to die and in circumstances like his...was just gut wrenching. I actually bawled my eyes out when I read through that part. I was wailing and slamming my fists in the bed and pillows. I'm not sure why it tore me up so bad, but I've never read a book that elicited emotions like that from me.

message 45: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa It was horrible! I loved Zane. David was okay but Zane... it really sucks that he died.

message 46: by Amy (last edited May 01, 2012 08:03PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy OMG yes, Zane is my favorite in the series. I threw a fit when he died. I really didn't care what happened to Tally after he died.

Ellie oh my god...i cried.
horrible.
horrible.
horrible.
:((((((((((

Julia YES!!!! I just liked him a lot better than David. No offense. I mean I like David just not as much as Zane.

Sylvie:) i was upset when he died. he was an honest and sweet character... fighting the lesions and trying to get his mind back to before he became pretty. he even wanted to be really special for tally.

message 50: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Sylvie:) wrote: "i was upset when he died. he was an honest and sweet character... fighting the lesions and trying to get his mind back to before he became pretty. he even wanted to be really special for tally."

Ugh. That last part still makes me tear up to this day. Knowing that he underwent the worst of surgeries to try and be good enough for her and it ended up killing him. *tear*

« previous 1