Delirium (Delirium, #1) Delirium discussion

Typical--Why?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (last edited Feb 28, 2012 12:54PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hannah Have you noticed how in all-most of the books that I've read-the Dystopian society's, there are two friends, one of them is crazy and rebellious, and the other is sensible and quiet, but it is always the quiet ones who run away, and have the courage to act against the rules. The louder one is always all talk, but no action. Why is it always like that?

I am not saying that I dont like this book. I love this book, its one of my favorite. However, I just noticed this, and am wondering why.

Anna i think that its a very good point. i think its something psychological. its the same way in real life, there are people that are all talk but when it comes to action they don't do anything about it. i think the "quiet" people are more mature, in someway, and when it comes to their believes they are willing to stand up for them.

Mary Hannah wrote: "Have you noticed how in all-most of the books that I've read-the Dystopian society's, there are two friends, one of them is crazy and rebellious, and the other is sensible and quiet, but it is alwa..."

Have you read Possession by Elana Johnson or Ledgend or even Divergent? Violet in Possession is defiantly not quiet.

Hannah @Anna- Interesting, and totally true. :)

I just thought of this now. It could also be that that senario is what we, readers, would least expect, but because so many authors are using the same structure/story line, its become predictable. :/

@Mary- Violet, in Possession doesn't have a friend. Tris, I think that's what her name is, in Divergent also doesn't start out with any friends. Even when she does make friends, Tris was never a quiet girl. She stood for what she believed in, which is why she switched factions (that's what they were called, right? I dont really remember so well, I read it a while ago. :) ) in the first place. Ive never read Ledgend. Who's it written by?

Heather Legend is written by Marie Lu, and I can see where your coming from, but I don't think it stops at Dystopian novels, I think readers just like reading about quite girls who cannot stand up for themselves and as the book progresses the character gets stronger. It's a common theme in books. :)

Hannah Thanx. :) Legend sounds like a good book :)
I guess, it makes sense. I do enjoy reading these books. :) Its just annoying now, because I can predict what will happen, and I just wish that it was something new so I couldn't. I like being surprised. :)