Hunger Games discussion

25 views

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Confused about the club? Do you have any questions about this group? Please ask them here and a MODERATOR will answer your question.


message 2: by Jules:) (new)

Jules:) R we still doing the re-read of the hunger games for march?


message 4: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Yes we are. Marilyn, I will create you a new folder for that shortly.


message 5: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Never mind, you are on top of it Marilyn! I applaud you.


message 6: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) so....


message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes?


An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Lauren wrote: "Never mind, you are on top of it Marilyn! I applaud you."

I'm like a calendar and a planner combined. I remember almost everything that needs to be done. Homework, church, school events, Goodreads' stuff, work, etc...oh and obviously the Hunger Games!!!!!!!!!!


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
hahahahahahahah you wanna plan my life too?


An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Hahahaha that's perfect! Mwuhahhahahahaha Devised a plan! (Rubbing hands with sinister look)


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Well, if that's so, I'l take a shot at planning yours too *mutters something under breath* I have JUST the thing!


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Please, please don't kill each other. Lauren and I would have to cover for the mod jobs you leave open and that would be annoying.


message 13: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Yes, please plan my life.

Yes, I agree with Snickerdoodle. My plates full and I don't like an overflowing plate ladies.


message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

:)


message 15: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) how do you add a pic and how do you add more groups?


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Snickerdoodle wrote: "Please, please don't kill each other. Lauren and I would have to cover for the mod jobs you leave open and that would be annoying."

Ooookkkkk
Nic to know someone cares about me


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Caroline wrote: "how do you add a pic and how do you add more groups?"

a profile picture? ummm...i would try clicking on it once you're already in your profile and you click 'choose file' it has to be saved on your computer then you click 'upload file, the 'voila!'
And for a group- click on the 'groups' button at the top of anypage. Then in the top right area of the screen, it says 'create a group' it walks you through the steps there.


message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Charlie I luv Gale Hawthorne wrote: "Snickerdoodle wrote: "Please, please don't kill each other. Lauren and I would have to cover for the mod jobs you leave open and that would be annoying."

Ooookkkkk
Nic to know someone cares about me"


Don't worry, Charlie. We all love you.


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Thank you! Even though I'm so strange?


message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Look at us. Then look at you and say that you're strange again.


message 21: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) i have a kindle fire...


message 22: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Yes, we are all uniquely strange.


message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

i just need help... i am doing a project on why the hg is the best book ever... give me facts and what you think? If I think it is good I would like to put your name in the project and that's it... THANKS!!


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Hunger games is the best book ever, because it deals with real world problems and shows how real people would react in those situations. It shows the effect of war and death on the human brain.


An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) It also shows how people have a difficult time deciding about who they want to have a relationship with. It also shows that making decisions that could depend on their life, such as alliances with other tributes.


message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Do u guys mind if your names and quotes are in my work? I need more people too!


message 27: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) put in your favorite stuff like quotes, characters etc
.. but you could even describe a part. ((sorry just woke up, not thinking very bright))


An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Lala-loves-Les-Mis wrote: "Do u guys mind if your names and quotes are in my work? I need more people too!"

Sure, no problem!


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Lala-loves-Les-Mis wrote: "Do u guys mind if your names and quotes are in my work? I need more people too!"

that'd be awesome!


message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

GREAT! THANKS A MILLION!!


message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren wrote: "Confused about the club? Do you have any questions about this group? Please ask them here and a MODERATOR will answer your question."

*In a deep voice* Yes. Us MODS will help you out.


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Lala-loves-Les-Mis wrote: "GREAT! THANKS A MILLION!!"

:)


message 33: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
OK.

Hunger Games, I think is a great book because it explored what the world could be like in the future. What makes this different from other dystopians is that the future in Hunger Games could very well be ours. I also think it took complex meanings and lessons and brought them across in a tasteful way and I think it helped put messages across that teenagers wouldn't usually understand. This book I think made those more understandable.

Does that work Lala?


An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Lauren wrote: "OK.

Hunger Games, I think is a great book because it explored what the world could be like in the future. What makes this different from other dystopians is that the future in Hunger Games could v..."


That's what I say to my friends all the time


message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren wrote: "OK.

Hunger Games, I think is a great book because it explored what the world could be like in the future. What makes this different from other dystopians is that the future in Hunger Games could v..."


LAUREN!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! *Falls to the floor and starts to cry* YOU WERE 1 DAY OFF!!! If i need future reference, I am sure to get you first! SO SORRY! (Ugh! and i wanted ur opinion in it. >:P)


message 36: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
AH! Sorry! I'm super sorry. Maybe like... jump up in front of the class and say: I FORGOT THIS ONE! And yell out. :D No I'm kidding. Yeah, next time too send me like an angry threatening personal message and I'll be sure to get it right away. ;)


message 37: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Marilyn wrote: "Lauren wrote: "OK.

Hunger Games, I think is a great book because it explored what the world could be like in the future. What makes this different from other dystopians is that the future in Hunge..."

What do you say to your friends a lot?


An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) What you just told her. :D


message 39: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) i might have to delete this group even though it rocks cause school and all. and im never on:(


message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

It's really all school's fault. School, books and music. And pizza. All things that I abandon Goodreads for.

And my parents, but that's everyone. Right?


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Ugh school....makes me miserable and also, at the same time, less miserable. Who knows


message 42: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Caroline wrote: "i might have to delete this group even though it rocks cause school and all. and im never on:("

Stupid school
That's fine. Do what you need.


message 43: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Snickerdoodle wrote: "It's really all school's fault. School, books and music. And pizza. All things that I abandon Goodreads for.

And my parents, but that's everyone. Right?"


Yes. All the crazy obessions that I love that I have to abandon for an stupid education! Oh the humanity!


message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I absolutely adore my history and Spanish teachers, and when my yearbook adviser isn't being a ***** she's really fun, and my English teacher is funny and swears a lot, and my geometry teacher is the loudest and most comfortable teacher ever to walk the earth, and my physics teacher never gives any homework. So, y'know. I'm not really complaining. Plus we get to go to Washington, D.C. with my second-favorite history teacher AND go to Discovery Kingdom just because we're the leaving class.

Long story short, I love the end of the year.


message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren wrote: "AH! Sorry! I'm super sorry. Maybe like... jump up in front of the class and say: I FORGOT THIS ONE! And yell out. :D No I'm kidding. Yeah, next time too send me like an angry threatening personal m..."

I should! :P And no, im not THAT mean. ;)


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Snickerdoodle wrote: "Well, I absolutely adore my history and Spanish teachers, and when my yearbook adviser isn't being a ***** she's really fun, and my English teacher is funny and swears a lot, and my geometry teache..."

Lucky!
All my teachers are so annoying, and I'm not going on any good feild trips, I have a bunch of homework, and I'm super stressed over my science research project. I swear that thing will be the death of me.


message 47: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Lala-loves-Les-Mis wrote: "Lauren wrote: "AH! Sorry! I'm super sorry. Maybe like... jump up in front of the class and say: I FORGOT THIS ONE! And yell out. :D No I'm kidding. Yeah, next time too send me like an angry threate..."

I know you're not but it helps me remember. :D


message 48: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Charlie ♥GaleForever♥ wrote: "Snickerdoodle wrote: "Well, I absolutely adore my history and Spanish teachers, and when my yearbook adviser isn't being a ***** she's really fun, and my English teacher is funny and swears a lot, ..."

I just went on a field trip and got eaten alive by bugs.


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Lauren wrote: "Charlie ♥GaleForever♥ wrote: "Snickerdoodle wrote: "Well, I absolutely adore my history and Spanish teachers, and when my yearbook adviser isn't being a ***** she's really fun, and my English teach..."

Oh Eeeww that's terrible


message 50: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
I know, right?


« previous 1
back to top