Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1)
Archive (Buddy Reads) > Buddy read: How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christine | 955 comments Susan (susayq) and I will be starting How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper on Friday, March 2. All are welcome to join us!

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments I'm so excited to read this!!

message 3: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 2012 comments I'll chime in on the discussions.

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments Great, Vi! I've missed talking books with you :)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments I couldn't wait, and started it tonight LOL I had to laugh at Mo's parents. They renamed themselves Ash and Saffron :D I kind of feel bad for Mo growing up like that.

message 6: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 2012 comments Wait till you hear Mo's full name :P

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments well, now I'm extra curious LOL

Christine | 955 comments Well shucks! I'm still plugging away at my current book and probably won't be able to start this until tomorrow. I can't wait to read something a little more light-hearted and funny.

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments That's ok. I started it last night on my Kindle, but my daughter is reading The Hunger Games trilogy on it and brings it to school. So, I'll be reading something else today during the day :) I won't be able to wait to get back to it tonight and I get it tomorrow while she has play practice. I really need to get her her own Kindle LOL

Ashley | 449 comments This is a cute book. I like the second one too.

Isabella Queirouz | 201 comments I'm currently reading this book. If you don't mind I'll join you in the discussion.

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments Sure Isabella. That'd be great. I'll get back to reading this today :)

Christine | 955 comments Hi, Isabella. Glad you could join us.

I just started the book this morning. I've gotten as far as she has a job at the dinner/bar and she's attracted to Cooper Graham and Alan Dahling. And her parents found out she's in Alaska. Have to say I'm glad my parents are so boring! So far it's been a nice light read and I'm enjoying the change of pace.

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments Christine, I'm a little further than you. Mo has learned Cooper's secret. I still don't know her full name, other than it has Moon in it LOL It has been a nice light read.

Now, to fix chili dogs for the kids and read some more :)

Isabella Queirouz | 201 comments I'm a slow reader. So now Mo ended up kicking a trucker in the undercarriage. Ouch! and now she's in her shower forever :)
I liked this scene. And the fight with her mother, really sometimes parents just don't know when to stop treating there children like as they are still babies. I hope I remember this when my kids get older :)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments Mo's mom is definitely something else. I was an only child and my mom was rather nosey but she wasn't THAT bad. And truthfully, it took me moving away for her to stop. I didn't have to move all the way to Alaska though. Alabama was far enough away from Louisiana for us LOL

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments I stayed up late last night and finished this (well, late for me, it was like 10:30 LOL) and I really liked it! I love how Mo stood up to Maggie about Cooper. I was kind of disappointed that everyone understood Mo was Cooper's mate, but Mo didn't know what that meant and didn't have a clue that she was.

Thanks for picking this for me, Christine :D

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments OH! And I forgot to say, I felt bad for Alan when Mo jumped into Cooper's arms when he came back from that guide trip he was on after they finally got together. But, as bad as I felt for Alan, I was all swoony with her jumping into his arms :)

Christine | 955 comments I'm about 200 pages in or so. I'm enjoying the quick fun pace and it really hooks me in. I thought I read for about 20 or 30 minutes last night, then realized it was midnight and I had been reading for over an hour!

But, I thought Mo figured out that Cooper was the werewolf rather quickly, with nothing to go on but the color of his eyes. I'm impressed that the two times she saw the wolf, both times in which she was scared, she actually noticed his eye color. Other than my kids and my husband, I don't think I could tell you the eye color of anyone I know, but then I'm not observant about things like that. So, just because their eyes are the same color, she realizes he's a werewolf, and just accepts it with very little doubt or struggle. It's always hard for me when characters so easily accept something that is completely outside their realm of reality. But at the same time, I guess it worked with the pacing of the story and with Mo's character being so adaptable in her new environment.

I also thought the first scene in which they had sex happened rather quickly with little preamble.

And I felt the same way when she jumped into Cooper's arms. Poor Alan, but yeah Cooper! I'm just finished that chapter.

And this book has given me my new favorite phrase: "Mighty Morphin Power Penis". I don't think I'll ever get to actually use it, but it cracked me up the first time I read it.

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments Yes, the scene where they first had sex was out of the blue.

I also cracked up at the "Mighty Morphin Power Penis" :D

Christine | 955 comments Let's see, I'm about 300 pages in now. Mo went with him back to his pack because his grandfather is sick. I liked how he told her to stay in the cabin, but instead she marched out and pepper-sprayed the wolf who she thought was attacking him. Good for her!

His sister is a real piece of work, and I'm curious what the real story is behind their animosity. Why doesn't she take over as alpha? Seems like she might be perfect for the job, if she learned to control her temper. But then, maybe she only looses her temper with her brother.

I don't like how Cooper is now avoiding Mo, because he's afraid he might be the one committing the attacks and doesn't want to risk hurting her. Seriously? She's his mate, he'd never be able to hurt her. And why aren't they working to try to figure out who the bad wolf is? Shouldn't he have picked up a scent when they found the last body and realized it wasn't him?

And I got to Mo's full name. Wow!

Christine | 955 comments I finished last night. It was a fun, light read, but definitely not one to think too much about. Just the change of pace I needed.

I think I am disappointed by the strangest thing though. At the end, it looked like Alan was hooking up with Kara. Gotta say, I was really hoping Alan would get his own book. Maybe hook up with Cooper's sister, Maggie. Now that would have been fun! Oh well. I did look it up, and Maggie is the focus of the next book, but with some other guy. Darn!

And I really liked "Stupid werewolf ninja sperm!" This book did have some great humorous moments. And again I say, thank goodness my parents were boring and I hope to be equally as boring to my kids!

Isabella Queirouz | 201 comments oops I read your comments Christine and I know now something about the end, exactly like I thought it would (about Alan and Kara :) ) No problem anyway, still few pages to finish. I really like the discussions around the book, but I was just hoping I could end the book at the same time as you two. Maybe next time!

Christine | 955 comments Oops, sorry! I didn't even think about hiding spoilers!

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments Isabella, sorry about the spoilers :/

Christine, I was disappointed that Alan ended up with Kara too. I want to read Maggie's book. She's something else.

Christine | 955 comments I really liked Alan the bit we saw of him, so I was hoping to learn more about him in a future book. Oh well.

I'm curious to read Maggie's book also. Mainly I want to see what kind of guy she pairs up with, but also how becoming alpha of the pack affects her behavior and attitude.

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments Yeah. Maggie is rather impulsive and selfish. How will that translate to being alpha of the pack? I'm curious.

Christine | 955 comments She did seem to start to change towards the end when she and Cooper made up, so I'm curious to see how much she continues to change. And will we see more of Cooper and Mo in Maggie's book? I'm actually pretty curious about their baby and just how long her parents stick around to drive them crazy.

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments I sure hope we see some more of them!