Women In Aviation discussion

Code Name Verity
This topic is about Code Name Verity
Code Name Verity

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (ewein) | 15 comments It suddenly occurs to me that I ought to give this a mention here! Code Name Verity is my new book, released early in Feb. in the UK. It's a Young Adult thriller set during WWII - the heroines are an Air Transport Auxiliary pilot and a Special Operations Executive agent. Lots of flying sequences which ALL involve women, hopefully without too many terrible technical goofs.

If you pick it up, hope you enjoy it!

Tara Chevrestt | 50 comments Mod
Does it have an ebook available to us in the States?

message 3: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (ewein) | 15 comments the Kindle edition of the UK book does appear to be available from Amazon in the US. We bought our Kindle in the US and didn't have any trouble downloading it, so technically I think it should work for you too... If not, it comes out in May in the US and shouldn't be a problem then.

http://www.amazon.com/Code-Name-Verit...

I'll have to wait. On my end, it says "not currently available." :(

message 5: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (ewein) | 15 comments aww, too bad!

message 6: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (ewein) | 15 comments actually, there's an off chance you could get it from the UK store. I didn't have any transatlantic trouble downloading Ride for Rights (which I am enjoying!). Who knows how these mysterious things work...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Code-Name-Ver...

I've never bought from the UK store...but I will see if I can. I know Ride is listed in both stores. For some reason, when a book is released on Amazon, it's also released on Amazon UK, but not vice versa. It doesn't make sense.

I've pulled it up..only it doesn't say "deliver to Tara's kindle," but deliver to kindle or wireless device. It's different. I'm going to try to download a sample first and make sure it goes to my kindle and not..I don't know where. LOL Never seen it set up quite like that.

message 9: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (ewein) | 15 comments hmm. good luck!

message 10: by Tara (new) - rated it 2 stars

It didn't work. You have to have an Amazon UK account and to have an Amazon UK account, you must have a UK address. (That's what I was told. I'm trying to verify that.) I'm very confused as to why it should matter. However, I got a message saying that it was not available "for my country." Why should it matter?????

message 11: by Tara (new) - rated it 2 stars

I may have no choice but to wait till May. I can pre order it on the regular Amazon, but still have to wait till May. Grrr!!!

message 12: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (ewein) | 15 comments really pesky. Oh well - I will remind everyone in May! thanks for trying. something to look forward to, maybe!

message 13: by Tara (new) - rated it 2 stars

Yep. It should be automatically delivered to my kindle on its release date now. I just have to wait for it. LOL p.s. I like the British cover better. The little airplane.

message 14: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (ewein) | 15 comments I like it too. The airplane is a Spitfire!

message 15: by Tara (new) - rated it 2 stars

Love the Spitfire!!!!!

message 16: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth Chapple | 1 comments Code Name Verity was a great book (Not just for young adults), and now I am eager for the sequel to come out in paperback in about a month!

Chris Didn't know there was a sequel. I did enjoy Code Name Verity for the most part.