Book Issues > Please add a book!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trevor XCIII (new)

Trevor XCIII (trevorxciii) | 6 comments Please add the following edition:

Erdmann, Johann Eduard
A History of Philosophy, Volume 1
ISBN-13: 9781147095371

The publisher is the same as for volumes two and three, which are already in the catalog:

A History of Philosophy, Volume 2
A History of Philosophy, Volume 3

The cover is the same, except it reads AHoP, Volume 1 instead of Volume 2 or 3, and does not include SH Williston as a second author.

Many thanks!

T.

message 2: by Cloudedleopard (last edited Feb 28, 2012 12:17AM) (new)

Cloudedleopard | 139 comments You can add the book directly by yourself, especially if you got more information at hand (e.g. page numbers, cover etc.). Afterwards, a librarian can add additional information such as the series numbering or combine it with other books and editions.
Use for example this edition and add and correct the contents:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/new?aut...

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42501 comments Mod
Cloudedleopard wrote: "You can add the book directly by yourself"

Actually, new users cannot add books manually.

message 4: by Cloudedleopard (new)

Cloudedleopard | 139 comments rivka wrote: "Actually, new users cannot add books manually."

OK, I didn't know that. Is there a threshold of books you must have in your shelves to manually add books?

message 5: by Cloudedleopard (new)

Cloudedleopard | 139 comments @Trevor XCIII

Is there a non-amazon, non-seller's link to the book cover that you can provide as well as the page numbering, then I can add the first volume of the series for you?

message 6: by Trevor XCIII (new)

Trevor XCIII (trevorxciii) | 6 comments Cloudedleopard wrote: "OK, I didn't know that. Is there a threshold of books you must have in your shelves to manually add books?"

When I try and add a book manually, it tells me I must be a librarian. :)

message 7: by Trevor XCIII (new)

Trevor XCIII (trevorxciii) | 6 comments Cloudedleopard wrote: "@Trevor XCIII

Is there a non-amazon, non-seller's link to the book cover that you can provide as well as the page numbering, then I can add the first volume of the series for you?"

I have the book here on my desk. For the purposes here, what exactly do you mean by "page numbering"?

Unfortunately, all of the references I can find online for this ISBN are from book sellers. If you can point me to your image specifications, I can take a digital image and upload it.

message 8: by Tntexas (new)

Tntexas | 404 comments The last cover image I uploaded was 578 x 933 pixels. The GR system system took care of the exact sizing needed. As for the page numbering, I think Cloudedleopard was wondering how many pages the book has.

message 9: by Trevor XCIII (last edited Feb 29, 2012 12:48PM) (new)

Trevor XCIII (trevorxciii) | 6 comments Original Manuscript: 726pp + 20pp (prefaces, toc, etc.)
This edition includes an additional title page at the beginning and a CPSIA info page at the end (this, like other Nabu Press offerings, are all reprints of books in the public domain).

I'll try and upload a pic cover later. Any suggestions on taking the pic?

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Trevor XCIII wrote: "Original Manuscript: 726pp + 20pp (prefaces, toc, etc.)"

What is the page number on the last page with text?

message 11: by Trevor XCIII (new)

Trevor XCIII (trevorxciii) | 6 comments 736 - the 726 above was a mistype.

:)

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Page count changed to 736 for that edition.

message 13: by Trevor XCIII (new)

Trevor XCIII (trevorxciii) | 6 comments @Rivka

BTW, many thanks.