A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) A Clash of Kings question

Who do you prefer: Hodor or Patchface?
Eunice Eunice Feb 27, 2012 09:25PM
I think I prefer Hodor; he is more soft-spoken (although, all he does say is 'Hodor'...) and I find Patchface's songs really irritating. Like, 'punch-you-in-the-face' irritating.

HODOR! Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor. Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor, Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor!

Team Hodor!

I don't really like Patchface's character, don't see the point in his character. Hodor actually adds something, ironicly enough. Hodor all the way.

Hodor because Patchface is the biggest villain in the series and is intent on destroying Westeros????

Robyn (last edited Mar 08, 2012 10:54AM ) Mar 08, 2012 10:54AM   1 vote
I feel like there is something to Patchface that we don't know yet... liiiiiike maybe he's not really as "dumb" as we're being told he is!

That said... I love Hodor... his sweet innocence is refreshing!

M 25x33
John Agreed too! It's seems we have the same feeling about this character. Even if he doesn't add something to the plot, GRRM keeps him close to shireen fr ...more
Aug 30, 2013 06:34AM · flag

deleted member Mar 16, 2012 09:53PM   1 vote
I have to wonder what the deal is with Patchface. I agree that there's something off about him. Especially since Melisandre calls him "dangerous" and sees skulls around him, with Patchface's lips stained with blood. If that's not a warning sign -- from Melisandre, no less -- I don't know what is!

HODOR! Hodor, Hodor...

Hodor.

Patchface gives me the heebie jeebies

Hodor!

Team Hodor. Patchface creeps me out, as does almost everyone team Stannis.

Hodor all the way!

Hodor! He is just a pure soul that loves everyone. I adore him.

Patchface definitely has to be a red herring of some kind. I'm so suspicious of him, it makes my eyes twitch when I read about him.

Hodor :)

When I read I the book, Hoder reminded me of a pokemon that only answers and expresses himself by saying his own name. I like Patchface. I didn't think his singing was that annoying.

Hodor, Hodor.

Hodor. Patchface belongs in a circus. What will Patchface do when the princess becomes bored with him? Hodor is loyal and useful.

Hodor, when I see Patchface has dialogue I skip lines of text to avoid reading "I know, I know."

Jeni Ah, but that's where the interesting bits are. His songs have to be clues to his true intent. Because they seem obscure and annoying, nobody pays much ...more
Jul 16, 2013 09:13AM · flag

Hodor is pleasant but not much to him. And the gentle giant thing has been overdone.

Patchface was at first annoying with his verses but he's original and has interesting back-story. I enjoy him more on second reading.

I only remember Patchface in one chapter, but his back story is very interesting and I hope to read more about him. (I just started book 3)

Hodor is loving and loyal to a fault. He's perfect for Bran

Patchface is fascinating, there is something hidden there. And as weird as it sounds I enjoy his little songs and jokes... I know, I know, oh oh oh

Hodor!

Hodor!

Butterbumps? I love that name :-)

Hodor

Hodor!

Hodor is cute. Patchface is annoying. His songs make me want to scream with his "I know, I know, oh oh oh.." Blech!

HODOR!

Patchface - I think there is far more to him than there appears to be.

I have a feeling that Patchface is going to play an interesting role in future books. Some of his songs obviously have a hidden meaning, and then there's something Lady Melisandre said ...
Anyways, Hodor has the best lines!

Hodor¡ Hodor

Gary (last edited Feb 14, 2013 01:38PM ) Feb 14, 2013 01:37PM   0 votes
I don't really prefer one or the other. Hodor is, pretty much by design, more likable. However, he's also not a particularly interesting character, and a little cliche. A mentally challenged "giant" is a standard character in all kinds of fiction. Patchface is creepier, but a more interesting literary invention, and has more potential as a character, albeit a tertiary one.

I know I know, oh, oh, oh.

Hodor is all-around pleasant for me. Patchface, on the other hand, annoys the heck out of me with his, "I know, I know, oh, oh, oh." I just want to shoot him in the face sometimes.

Hodor- he is cute and nice, and helpful and so far very useful
Patchface is very scary, he is the scary type of crazy and gives me thrills just by reading his lines...

i perfer hodor only becase he is funny and some stupid idoit who was supposed to be this super clever guy bu never was

"Under the sea Hodor says a lot of things and Bran just says "Bran". I know, I know, ho ho ho..."

Hodor, Hodor, HODOR!

S Aug 14, 2013 02:34PM   0 votes
Hodor-there's no competition. In the book he's supposed to be about 19; on the show he has grey hair \and looks at least 40, but the actor is superb.

Hodor. It's all in the name, which is the only thing he can say.

hodor all the way !!! :D

Hodor, Hodor, Hodor!!!!!

Hodor!! The other dude is just creepy.Hodor is innocent and Patchy is scheeming. Gives me the willies!

Hodor...he reminded me of Bill Faggerbakke in Stephen King's The Stand where he keeps saying "M-O-O-N...that spells moon". Hodor is sweet and simple like a very large but harmless child and Patchface is creepy to me for some reason....maybe because he's creepy!

Hodor all the way! Patch Face isn't as endearing to me.

Hodor says Hodor...and so do I.

I'm not actually sure why the two are being compared, but I like Patchface. He's creepy and there's something more to him that we haven't been shown yet. I like that. Of course I love Hodor too, but for me Patchface is just more interesting.

Hodor, he is a useful character, he does something / help other characters, Patchface just sings stupid songs, if you were to cut him out of the book, it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Hodor is definitely the one... He breathes life into the other characters as well...

Patchface I feel is exactly the opposite... I feel he's more morbid adding to the darkness in all hearts...

Hodor, hands down. He's sweet and likeable in his own way. I can't stand Patchface.

HODOR

« previous 1