The Sword and Laser discussion

George R.R. Martin Threads > GoT RPG (XBox 360, PS3)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4142 comments Why yes, I do think I'll pre-order this, even if it ends up sucking.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/27/gam...

message 2: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments As one of the commenters mentions on a previous post, why are they setting this in a city that doesn't exist in the books?

message 3: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4142 comments I read something about that in Game Informer, I think. Doing that gave the game designers flexibility in not having to stick to events in the books, which might be kind of boring on a play-through, would potentially take out some of their chances for story building. It's supposed to be complimentary, not just a retelling of the book. At least, that's what I recall.

message 4: by aldenoneil (last edited Feb 28, 2012 04:01PM) (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments terpkristin wrote: "Doing that gave the game designers flexibility in not having to stick to events in the books."

I figured as much. It reminds me of the LOTR RPG that featured side characters who were questing alongside Gandalf and crew, or in the same area, like they'd occasionally see the main heroes in the background, doing all the exciting stuff.

This approach actually could be cool, if done right, but since Game of Thrones is all about the characters and political intrigue, and less about the mystique of the world, I don't know that it'll succeed.

Here's hoping, because God knows I need another game to add to my list. /sarcasm

message 6: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4142 comments I ended up pre-ordering. I figure even if it sucks, all I'm out is the cost of a normal game. And I get a little more neat stuff.