A Shot of Ginn discussion

Irregulars--Things Unseen and Deadly

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Feb 27, 2012 02:39PM) (new)

Nicole | 65 comments Mod
Josh is hosting discussion for the shared-world anthology, Irregulars, over at his place!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...

message 2: by Ginn (new)

Ginn Hale (ginnhale) | 319 comments Nicole wrote: "Josh is hosting discussion for the shared-world anthology, Irregulars, over at his place!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_..."

Though the release date isn't until March 14th, I've heard that pre-orders are already winging out to people's homes.

Hope everyone enjoys the book!

message 3: by Josh (new)

Josh (joshlanyon) | 3 comments And speaking of the IRREGULARS anthology, we've all promised to write Christmas codas for our characters if we win the GLBT bracket in this year's DABWAHA.

We've already made it to the 2nd round, but now we really need votes. http://dabwaha.com/

And Astrid explains convincingly why you should vote for us right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl-R9z...

message 4: by Ginn (new)

Ginn Hale (ginnhale) | 319 comments Irregulars is battling it out on DABWAHA March 28th from Midnight to Noon cst. (Basically starting late tonight and ending before some of us in other time zones have taken a lunch break.)

So as an incentive to inspire voting all the authors of Irregulars are offering a holiday coda set in the Irregulars world. But I'm willing to go one step farther.

So, if Irregulars takes the LGBT category I will write another holiday extra in addition to the one for the Irregulars.

Would you like to spend Solstice with Javier and Kiram after they've fled Cadeleon? Would you like to peek in on Harper and Belimai during their wicked Holiday? Or maybe you'd just like to see how John and Kyle are doing.

If so, then please post your choice and VOTE!!!
(often)

http://dabwaha.com/

message 5: by Josh (new)

Josh (joshlanyon) | 3 comments Ginn wrote: "Irregulars is battling it out on DABWAHA March 28th from Midnight to Noon cst. (Basically starting late tonight and ending before some of us in other time zones have taken a lunch break.)

So as an..."

I'm so glad I'm already voting for us because this would have turned the tide. :-)

(John and Kyle)

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 65 comments Mod
Josh wrote: "(John and Kyle)"

I'm scare of Basawar holidays!

"Witches roasting on an open fire
Dead bones nipping at your nose..."

message 7: by Katharina (last edited Mar 27, 2013 12:40PM) (new)

Katharina | 17 comments Harper and Belimai! :D
... John and Kyle would be great, too! This is so awesome. We HAVE to win now!!!!!

message 8: by Josh (new)

Josh (joshlanyon) | 3 comments Nicole wrote: "Josh wrote: "(John and Kyle)"

Dead bones nipping at your nose...""

LOL

Ghoultide carols being sung by the fire
And ghosts dressed up like one of THOSE...

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 65 comments Mod
Josh wrote: "Ghoultide carols being sung by the fire
And ghosts dressed up like one of THOSE... "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Srsly. I'm still scare of Basawar holidays.

message 10: by Ginn (new)

Ginn Hale (ginnhale) | 319 comments Josh wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Josh wrote: "(John and Kyle)"

Dead bones nipping at your nose...""

LOL

I'm so going to be singing that all week!

Ghoultide carols being sung by the fire
An..."

message 11: by Ginn (new)

Ginn Hale (ginnhale) | 319 comments Katharina wrote: "Harper and Belimai! :D
... John and Kyle would be great, too! This is so awesome. We HAVE to win now!!!!!"

Yeah, cause if we lose I'm going to have to burn the pages I've already written...

message 12: by Katharina (new)

Katharina | 17 comments Ginn wrote: "Yeah, cause if we lose I'm going to have to burn the pages I've already written..."

....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you want? My first-born? My man? My DVD collection? The first (and thank the Gods only) Astrid Lindgren fanfiction I wrote when I was 7? WHAT????

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 65 comments Mod
Katharina wrote: "The first (and thank the Gods only) Astrid Lindgren fanfiction I wrote when I was 7?"

Can we have that anyway? I'd really love to read Pippi fanfic. (I always thought she got with Annika later in life.)

message 14: by Ginn (new)

Ginn Hale (ginnhale) | 319 comments Katharina wrote: "Astrid Lindgren fanfiction I wrote when I was 7? WHAT???? ."

Tempting... really, quite tempting...

message 15: by Astrid (new)

Astrid | 3 comments I'm scare of Basawar holidays!

Me too...

"we sees trees and trees smashed to bloody knees..."

I vote for Javier and Kiram. PLUS a Lunaluz cameo, please please. LUUNALUUUZ!

message 16: by Astrid (new)

Astrid | 3 comments Well, I don't think I can tempt folks with any extra holiday story from my novels that can compare to a Ginn Hale extra. But I CAN promise an Irregulars comic strip. And maybe a comic strip of Ginn Hale's extra scene. Ooh! How bout that?

message 17: by Katharina (last edited Mar 27, 2013 01:36PM) (new)

Katharina | 17 comments Nicole wrote: "Katharina wrote: "The first (and thank the Gods only) Astrid Lindgren fanfiction I wrote when I was 7?"

Can we have that anyway? I'd really love to read Pippi fanfic. (I always thought she got wit..."

LOL, actually it was mostly Madita. And I don't think I ever finished a story. I just folded papers until they looked like little greeting cards and then wrote a few stories like 'Madita an Lisabet goed to the zu. The zu was ful of peeple. Madita luked a the hoase.' Really grapping stuff, I can tell you ;D

ETA: ooh, I never had the Pippi and Annika idea, but hey, now that you mention it... :-D

message 18: by Astrid (new)

Astrid | 3 comments I just checked my bracket standings. I'm tied for 901st place! Wicked!

message 19: by Ginn (new)

Ginn Hale (ginnhale) | 319 comments Astrid wrote: "Well, I don't think I can tempt folks with any extra holiday story from my novels that can compare to a Ginn Hale extra. But I CAN promise an Irregulars comic strip. And maybe a comic strip of Ginn..."

Irregulars comic strip!!!!!!

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 65 comments Mod
Katharina wrote: "I just folded papers until they looked like little greeting cards and then wrote a few stories like 'Madita an Lisabet goed to the zu. The zu was ful of peeple. Madita luked a the hoase.'"

That's the best fanfiction idea I've ever heard.

message 21: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 65 comments Mod
Astrid wrote: "I just checked my bracket standings. I'm tied for 901st place! Wicked!"

Remind me never to go to the racetrack with you.

message 22: by Ginn (new)

Ginn Hale (ginnhale) | 319 comments Astrid wrote: " LUUNALUUUZ!"

Like from the horse POV?

Oh yeah you wanna give me some more alfalfa 'caus I'm LUNALUZ!

message 23: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 65 comments Mod
Astrid wrote: "But I CAN promise an Irregulars comic strip. And maybe a comic strip of Ginn Hale's extra scene. Ooh! How bout that? "

I love your comic strips.

Everybody who hasn't seen Astrid's mighty artistic prowess can check it out here:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

(Don't go if you haven't read The Rifter yet, though. It contains spoilers.)

message 24: by Katharina (new)

Katharina | 17 comments Nicole wrote: "That's the best fanfiction idea I've ever heard."

LOL, well of course, I was brilliant back then :-D
A born writer! But I'm feeling generous right now: should you ever feel the need to write a Madita fanfic, I'll allow you to steal that exciting story line from me :-D

message 25: by Julio (new)

Julio Genao (genao) Astrid's comic stands as the most touching act of love for a story I had seen all last year.

Brilliant.

message 26: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 65 comments Mod
Julio-Alexi wrote: "Astrid's comic stands as the most touching act of love for a story I had seen all last year.

Brilliant."

I know, right? I've seriously considered having T-shirts made featuring that picture of Rousma that's on the cover.

message 27: by Julio (new)

Julio Genao (genao) So many lulz.

So, so many lulz.

message 28: by Ginn (new)

Ginn Hale (ginnhale) | 319 comments Julio-Alexi wrote: "So many lulz.

So, so many lulz."

:D :D

message 29: by Ginn (new)

Ginn Hale (ginnhale) | 319 comments lee sc wrote: "I voted, but now I'm upset by the results I just saw. It's still early right?"

It's early but I think we're going to need a miracle of crazy voting to catch up...
but don't give up yet, we have until noon central time to rally friends and supporters.
(I haven't stopped writing the holiday stories.)

message 30: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 65 comments Mod
lee sc wrote: "Well Abi has very devoted fans....but so do you guys. We will just have to wait and see. Ginn DO NOT throw away anything you write. :)"

Don't worry, lee sc, I've become adept at stealing stuff off Ginn's computer when she's not looking.

message 31: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 65 comments Mod
lee sc wrote: "Sorry we didn't get you guys through to the next round!"

S'okay! You guys did a great job!

message 32: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 65 comments Mod
lee sc wrote: "Good to hear. When are you coming out with something new? Anything in the works? "

We've got a new Astrid Amara novel and another novel by a totally new author who I can't announce yet, but will soon!