Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Ready Player One
This topic is about Ready Player One
Book Issues > Please change this back

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JSWolf | 649 comments Someone changed the listing for the eBook of Ready Player One. The cover,the description & the page number are all wrong. It was fine once. So it needs to be fixed yet again.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

Ready Player One by Ernst Cline could use some fixing.

The first thing is someone got the description all out of whack. This is the correct description.

It's the year 2044, and the real world is an ugly place.

Like most of humanity, Wade Watts escapes his grim surroundings by spending his waking hours jacked into the OASIS, a sprawling virtual utopia that lets you be anything you want to be, a place where you can live and play and fall in love on any of ten thousand planets.

And like most of humanity, Wade dreams of being the one to discover the ultimate lottery ticket that lies concealed within this virtual world. For somewhere inside this giant networked playground, OASIS creator James Halliday has hidden a series of fiendish puzzles that will yield massive fortune--and remarkable power--to whoever can unlock them.

For years, millions have struggled fruitlessly to attain this prize, knowing only that Halliday's riddles are based in the pop culture he loved--that of the late twentieth century. And for years, millions have found in this quest another means of escape, retreating into happy, obsessive study of Halliday's icons. Like many of his contemporaries, Wade is as comfortable debating the finer points of John Hughes's oeuvre, playing Pac-Man, or reciting Devo lyrics as he is scrounging power to run his OASIS rig.

And then Wade stumbles upon the first puzzle.

Suddenly the whole world is watching, and thousands of competitors join the hunt--among them certain powerful players who are willing to commit very real murder to beat Wade to this prize. Now the only way for Wade to survive and preserve everything he knows is to win. But to do so, he may have to leave behind his oh-so-perfect virtual existence and face up to life--and love--in the real world he's always been so desperate to escape.

A world at stake.
A quest for the ultimate prize.
Are you ready?

Next, the number of pages is actually 377.

Now for the cover. http://blogs.redeyechicago.com/geek-t...

Thanks.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott Okay I'll get to work on this.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott Okay I've fixed it all but the Cover was correct so I left that the same.

message 4: by JSWolf (last edited Feb 27, 2012 12:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JSWolf | 649 comments Corey wrote: "Okay I've fixed it all but the Cover was correct so I left that the same."

The description has not been changed. Neither has the page number. As for the cover, it's not the correct cover for the eBook. The correct cover is the orange cover that I linked. Are you sure you worked on the correct version?

Experiment BL626 | 358 comments JSWolf wrote: "Corey wrote: "Okay I've fixed it all but the Cover was correct so I left that the same."

The description has not been changed. Neither has the page number. As for the cover, it's not the correct c..."

ISBN please, there are many editions.

message 6: by JSWolf (last edited Feb 27, 2012 01:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JSWolf | 649 comments Experiment wrote: "ISBN please, there are many editions."

ISBN13: 9780307887450

Thanks.

JSWolf | 649 comments Thank you to whomever fixed this.

Experiment BL626 | 358 comments No problems. But you should know that that the other cover also uses the same ISBN numbers, said so right on the publisher website: http://www.randomhouse.com/book/20988...

Guess, I'll have to make an alternate cover edition now...