Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > wrong info

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13 comments Hi librarians!
I just noticed http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18...
shows the first publication as 1900 rather than 1997.

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (emdashemily) I just looked... it says 1900. Maybe it's been corrected since you looked?

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments I have changed it now to 1997

message 4: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Liverman (journeytolegacy) Memoirs of an Educarer ISBN 146112722X (ISBN13: 9781461127222) was written by Tanya R. Liverman, not Karen Pringle, who is the editor. Please make these corrections.
Paperback, 82 pages
Published July 6th 2011 by Createspace

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24689 comments Someone got this.

message 6: by Shy (new)

Shy (roseofskye) | 15 comments I was adding this book (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...) thinking it might be the one I have but mine isn't MacMillan. I have the Avenel Books one. (No ISBN, no publication year) However, I noticed some odd things about the entry: aside from it being listed as an E-book whereas the person who made the first review says she found it in her local good will store, she identifies the author as "John Tenniel Lewis Carroll", which is not correct. The author is Lewis Carroll and this edition is illustrated by John Tenniel (the original illustrator of the first edition, in case anyone is curious). There are probably lots of reprints.

Can someone please fix? I'm thinking about whether I want to apply for this librarian gig.

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24689 comments OK Shy, it was definitely a Nook ebook with a B&N ISBN. But I fixed the rest of it and combined with all the others.

message 8: by Shy (new)

Shy (roseofskye) | 15 comments Ah thank you. I have also now located the Avenel one, the good old fashioned hard way, by trawling through about 1000 editions.