This topic is about Died On The Vine
ARRs COMPLETED (Post Reviews) > 156. DIED ON THE VINE by Joyce Harmon

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joyce (new) - added it

Joyce Harmon | 4 comments Genre: Cozy mystery, amateur sleuth, woman sleuth

Book description:

Died On The Vine

1996 – dial-up internet, car phones! Tech pioneer Cissy Rayburn loves the new technology that brings the world to her fingertips and allows her to be a contract software manual writer from her home nestled in the vineyards of the Virginia countryside. She’s left the fast lane with her retired government bureaucrat husband Jack, and they’ve turned their summer place into a winery.

But the past intrudes on their idyllic thoroughly modern country life when Colonel Obadiah Winslow comes to call. Winslow, famous (or notorious) for his belief that countless soldiers were left behind in Vietnam to rot in commie prisons, tells Cissy that he believes that her first husband Jimmy, reported KIA thirty years ago, is still alive. Cissy’s not buying it – but could it be true?

Three days later, Winslow is dead in the vineyard, stabbed with Jack’s pruning shears. Cissy is sure that Jack didn’t do it, but can she convince the sheriff? And if Jack didn’t do it, who did?

Be one of the first 10 to sign up below in order to receive a free copy of this ebook to Read and Review! All Reviews should be posted on Goodreads, Smashwords, B&N, and Amazon.

Formats available: EPUB, PDF, PRC, MOBI - all Smashwords formats

All reviews should be completed and posted within 3 weeks after you recieve your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your Name, email address and format

Eldritch Reading Reindeer 2021 In Cobwebs  (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 39 comments I like this premise! And I can actually remember 1996:)
Mallory Anne-Marie Forbes
Archie.Standwood.Author@gmail.com
Mobi
will post review here, Smashwords, Amazon, B&N
thanks!

Eldritch Reading Reindeer 2021 In Cobwebs  (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 39 comments http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Cissy (Cecilia) Rayburn, in 1996, is a happily married (for the second time, and for the past twenty-two years) wife, her husband retired, and she working at home, the former “summer place” in Virginia, where they now live year-round and operate a vineyard, her husband Jack’s new “retirement passion.” Life is good, slow-paced, and full of contentment-until the unexpected arrival of MIA hunter “Colonel” Obadiah Winslow, waving a photograph he claims proves Cissy’s first husband might still be alive, and missing, not killed in action thirty years earlier. Colonel Winslow spews much bluff and bluster, endearing him to conspiracy theorists, but few, if any, are the “missing” soldiers he has actually found and returned. So his approach to Cissy is soon forgotten; until she and her dog Pollyanna find Winslow dead in the vineyard, wearing her husband’s missing secateurs.

A delightfully intriguing novel with an exciting premise, and a perfectly set-up introduction: what’s not to love? I was fascinated from page one, and never lost my interest. Ms. Harmon writes well and delectably, introducing characters and situations (and memories) with which I “fell in love” immediately. On the surface, this mystery is a “cozy,” but below the surface are more levels than one might expect, and justifiably so-rendering even more delight to the lucky reader.
A page-turner for sure, “Died on the Vine” will endear itself to mystery readers and more, and certainly makes me want to find more novels from this author.

message 4: by Joyce (new) - added it

Joyce Harmon | 4 comments Thanks, Mallory, glad you liked it! I hope to have the sequel, Bidding On Death, out sometime this summer.

Oh, and heads up, folks - now through March 10th, you can download Died On The Vine absolutely free during Smashwords' Read An Ebook Week!

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Act now while supplies last!