Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay question

Did anyone actually like this book, like me?
Lorin✨ Lorin✨ Feb 26, 2012 01:48PM
I actually liked the book. After knowing the story and the numbness subsiding, I re-read the whole series, and I liked the book. Yes, Katniss is dozed out for most of the good bits (maybe Collins' way of not having to describe it?) but I think it was a great end to the series. Am I nuts? What do you think?

I liked it because it was so much like how war really is - its not touchy feeling everything works out ok - its harsh, people die and everything isn't all roses

deleted member Feb 26, 2012 01:56PM   0 votes
i agree with you, it was a great ending to a great story.

I liked it but it wasn't as good as the other two books because maybe i just had high expectations for this book because the others were really good and it kinda disppontied me i actuaaly liked the eneding because it is so obiviouse all troughtout the series that she is in love with Peeta.

I liked it but it wasn't as good as the other two books because maybe i just had high expectations for this book because the others were really good and it kinda disppontied me i actuaaly liked the eneding because it is so obiviouse all troughtout the series that she is in love with Peeta.

i LOVED it!!!

Daisy if there was a like button, I would have made a million different accounts to just click like!
Feb 27, 2012 08:14PM
Rachel i loved too!!! it really bothers me how people have to pour HATERADE all over it!! it was a cute ending!! It was realistic and sweet!!
EVER*

Mar 24, 2012 09:34AM

I liked it. There were some things that bothered me, things that I would have liked to be different, but it was a good ending to the series nonetheless.

deleted member Feb 26, 2012 02:51PM   0 votes
I loved this book! I don't understand why everyone says they don't like it, it was one of my favorite books.

deleted member Feb 27, 2012 01:56AM   0 votes
i love this book

You definitely aren't crazy, actually I think most people that want the fairy tale ending are. (terrible of me, I know)

But after coming out of that other world, how was she suppose to act and react?

As for the tragedy, every war has them, its realistic and harsh.....why did people resent this so?

I loved it. It wasn't my favorite of the three and I thought the end could have been filled out a little, but I still loved it.

After I got over the 'shock' of everything, I came to the realization that everything ain't gonna have a happy ending! So I actually liked the book, sure the story part was sad, but as usual, SC did an amazing job. I'm just tired of people posting their discussions of the same stuff, over and over! But yeah, I've re-read the whole series 4 times, including Mockingjay, so yes, I did like it : )

No you are definately not nts. This book was a very fitting end to the story. People argue that the epilogue was stupid. Well it's not. It's very katniss. Anyone who says other wise= friends off!

You're not at all nuts. I loved it. It was sad and gripping but I think it was a perfect ending book. It wasn't a happy series, I don't know why people weren't accepting of the sad ending or of how Katniss dealt with everything that happened. It was incredible.

I really liked it also.

I loved it! It was different, so what, I still liked it.

I think it stayed true to the underlying theme of the affects of war. Having everything turn out perfect and nice would have made the story disingenuous.

There were a few unnecessary deaths for me, and the end kind of broke my heart, but I liked it. It wasn't the happily-ever-after-let's-go-skip-off-into-the-sunset-cuz-everything-is-hunky-dory kind of ending. It was realistic. If all that happened to a person in real life, they would never fully recover from it. All the stuff Katniss has seen, I would expect her to go kind of nuts. I'm just happy that she at least got to be with Peeta.