Books on the Nightstand discussion

Kids Read Aloud Programming

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jereme (new)

Jereme Gray (djgray1200) | 7 comments This is sort of a shot in the dark. I'm trying to track down the name of a public radio program I heard as a child. This would have been in the late 80s in Central Maine. I mention this as I'm unsure if it was aired only locally or was more widespread. This program introduced me to the wonderful books Something Upstairs by Avi and From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg which still stands out as a favorite in my mind. One which I will gladly pass on to my own children.
The program aired in the early evenings and in installments. Any info anyone can provide would be great.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Jereme wrote: "This is sort of a shot in the dark. I'm trying to track down the name of a public radio program I heard as a child. This would have been in the late 80s in Central Maine. I mention this as I'm unsure if it was aired only locally or was more widespread. This program introduced me to the wonderful books Something Upstairs (by Avi) and From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs' Basil E. Frankweiler (by E.L. Konigsburg) which still stands out as a favorite in my mind. One which I will gladly pass on to my own children.
The program aired in the early evenings and in installments. Any info anyone can provide would be great. "

Though this doesn't familiar to me, I'm going to post your inquiry on my FB was as I have a number of friend and colleagues who work in the voice-over and narration field and also live in Maine.

message 3: by Jereme (new)

Jereme Gray (djgray1200) | 7 comments Thanks so much. That would be very helpful. You've got me trying to remember if there was a rotating stable of narrators now but I just can't recall. I was probably about 9 when I was listening. But I'm sure that was definitely the listenership they were going for. All books selected were in the middle reader/YA, tween camp.