Darynda Jones Fans discussion

TGDA Book Discussion > Day 12 - Week 2 - Questions ~ Charley On The Small Screen!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 166 (166 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Dana, Founder (new)

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
CBS has bought the rights to our girl Charley. Who do you think should play our favorite characters on the small screen? Reyes? Charley? Cookie? Angel? Ubie?...

Traci (Mad Hatter Reads) (traci-madhatterreads) | 609 comments Mod
In First Grave Ubie is supposed to look like Tom Selleck so wouldn't it be great if they would get him for the part?

Could anyone else see Zooey Deschanel? She's cute and quirky and I could see her playing Charley's manic side.

message 4: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Wow, congratulations! Great news! Zooey would be great, Emma Stone would be nice as well but Zooey has my vote :)

message 5: by Dana, Founder (new)

Traci wrote: "In First Grave Ubie is supposed to look like Tom Selleck so wouldn't it be great if they would get him for the part?"

Traci, I could see it happening, although I haven't seen Tom lately. He he

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments I personally think Eliza Dushku would make a great Charley!

And I was initially thinking Melissa McCarthy for Cookie. She definitely has the comedic muscle for it!

I have to think some more about the others, though... I'll be back!

message 7: by Stephanie (last edited Feb 26, 2012 08:51AM) (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments Um, I'm kind of scared to suggest a Reyes... he's definitely going to be the toughest to cast, but maybe with a little work- how about Aidan Turner (vamp from the U.K. Being Human)?

message 8: by Ines (last edited Feb 26, 2012 09:17AM) (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments According to a Darynda's interview she already gave some thought to this:

Darynda: It’s so funny, because for Charley, I have so many actors I think could play her to a tee. Everyone from Mila Kunis to Emma Stone. As for Reyes, he was originally based on actor Jason Behr and I believed then, as I do now, that he could make a stellar Reyes.

Stephenie, I didn't know Eliza Dushku but at least physically I think you got the Charley from my brain :)

message 9: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Ines wrote: "According to a Darynda's interview she already gave some thought to this:

Darynda: It’s so funny, because for Charley, I have so many actors I think could play her to a tee. Everyone from Mila Kun..."

How do you upload photos? I have images of all the actors I picked but I do not know how to get them on here. HELP!!!

message 10: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Mel wrote: "Ines wrote: "According to a Darynda's interview she already gave some thought to this:"

I don't hink you can upload directly but if the photos are online you can link them to this forum using the "img" tag in html. Otherwise upload them to Picasa or something like that and get the link from there... If there's a more direct way, sorry for misleading you.

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments I just look up the people I don't know on imdb.com....

message 12: by Mel (last edited Feb 26, 2012 10:20AM) (new)

Mel | 829 comments Okay here goes;

Katy Perry as Charlie
Jake Gyllenhaal as Reyes
america Ferrera as Cookie
Mark ruffalo as Ubie
John Stamos as Leland
Kristen Davis as Denise (stepmom)
James Marsden as Garret
Lyndsey Fonesca as Gemma (Charley's sister)
Carla Galo as Kim (Reyes's sister)
Steven Strait as Angel
Nicholas Gonzalez as Amador (Reyes's BF)
Rachel Bilsen as Amador's wife

message 13: by Chantal (new)

Chantal Halpin | 125 comments Lol - can't get over Katy Perry!!! That could work in a freaky Charley type way :D

message 14: by Dana, Founder (new)

Mel's Cast!!!!!

America Ferrera as Cookie

Jake Gyllenhaall as Reyes

James Marsden as Garrett

John Stamos as Leland (Charlie's dad)

Katie Perry as Charlie

Lyndsey Fonesca as Gemma (Charley's sister0

Mark Ruffalo as Ubie

Nicholas Gonzalez as Amador Sanchez (Reyes's BF)

Rachel Bilsen as Amador's wife

Steven Strait as Angel

message 15: by Dana, Founder (new)

Mel wrote: "Okay here goes;

Katy Perry as Charlie
Jake Gyllenhaal as Reyes
Mark ruffalo as Ubie
John Stamos as Leland
James Marsden as Garret
Lyndse..."

Sorry posted in the wrong order, will work with it later, my chipping hammer is calling! Will chime in later girls, have fun!
Oh, by the way has anyone heard from Annii?

message 16: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments some more ideas:
Michael Ealy or Shemar Moore for Garrett
Drew Fuller or Adrien Grenier for Reyes
Nia Vardalos or Rosie O'Donnell for Cookie
Carlos Pena for Amador
Vincent D'Onofrio or Ray Liotta for Ubie
Matthew Gray Gubler for Rocket

message 17: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Thank you Dana,

message 18: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Wow Mel, that is a comprehensive list!

I'm glad Dana posted the pictures because I had no idea who half of them where (insert blush here), but after discovering Steven Strait, and without any disregard for Jake Gyllenhaal, I think Strait would do a better Reyes... *cough*

message 19: by Chantal (new)

Chantal Halpin | 125 comments Love the pics - they speak a l-h-o-t of words ;)

message 20: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Ines wrote: "Wow Mel, that is a comprehensive list!

I'm glad Dana posted the pictures because I had no idea who half of them where (insert blush here), but after discovering Steven Strait, and without any disr..."

Strait is too young...sorry but I have a serious issue with a kid playing Reyes. Reyes is a dark, experienced soul. Not to mention, I can not ogle a kid!

message 21: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Stephanie wrote: "some more ideas:
Michael Ealy or Shemar Moore for Garrett
Drew Fuller or Adrien Grenier for Reyes
Nia Vardalos or Rosie O'Donnell for Cookie
Carlos Pena for Amador
Vincent D'Onofrio or Ray Liotta ..."

Dana, Annii responded to the Kim post about 7 hours ago. She said she is swamped with studying...

message 22: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Mel wrote: "Ines wrote: "Wow Mel, that is a comprehensive list!

I'm glad Dana posted the pictures because I had no idea who half of them where (insert blush here), but after discovering Steven Strait, and wit..."

Ines, I look later for another actor with a similar look in his early thirties.

message 23: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Mel wrote: "Ines wrote: "Wow Mel, that is a comprehensive list!

I'm glad Dana posted the pictures because I had no idea who half of them where (insert blush here), but after discovering Steven Strait, and wit..."

You're right, he's too young. But I kind of imagine Reyes more of a latino type of man, don't know why. Even Jason Behr in Darynda's vision is not like that.

message 24: by Dana, Founder (new)

I've opened a flickr account for us so you can upload photos there and then pass them over by hitting the share button and coping the html code and then posting here. If you have problems I will post them for you guys!
Here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1934169@...

message 25: by Traci (Mad Hatter Reads) (last edited Feb 26, 2012 12:48PM) (new)

Here's my starting list:

Charley...Ellen Page
Reyes...Eric Bana
Cookie...Kirsten Vagnsness
Ubie...Tom Selleck
Garrett...Shemar Moore
Angel...Jeremy Ray Valdez

message 26: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments Traci wrote: "Here's my starting list:

Charley...Ellen Page
Reyes...Eric Bana
Cookie...Kirsten Vagnsness
Ubie...Tom Selleck
Garrett...Shemar Moore
Angel...Jeremy Ray Valdez"

ooooh! those are some good ones, Traci! I also picked Shemar Moore for a choice of Garrett ;-) I like Kirsten Vangsness for Cookie, too- perfect!

message 27: by Traci (Mad Hatter Reads) (last edited Feb 26, 2012 02:37PM) (new)

Charley-Ellen Page
My Charley

Reyes-Eric Bana
My Reyes

Cookie-Kirsten Vangsness
My Cookie

Garrett-Shemar Moore
My Garrett

Angel-Jeremy Valdez
My Angel

Ubie-Tom Selleck
My Ubie

message 30: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Traci wrote: "
My Reyes
My Cookie"

Tom Selleck is my Ubie as well (I wonder why), but your Cookie is so good! I didn't think of her like this, but this actress seems like she could pull it off.

Ines wrote: "Traci wrote: "
My Reyes
My Cookie"

Tom Selleck is my Ubie as well (I wonder why), but your Cookie is so good! I didn't think of her like this, but this actress seems like she could pull it off."

Kirsten Vagnsness' character on Criminal Minds is funny and usually stays at the office and does the computer research for the BAU team...she just reminds me so much of Cookie that I thought she was perfect!

message 32: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments Eliza Dushku as my Charley option
My Charley

Michael Ealy as one of my Garrett options
My Garrett (because Traci already showed you Shemar Moore!

Here are my Reyes options:
AidanTurner as one of my Reyes options
drew fuller as one of my Reyes options
Adrian Grenier as one of my Reyes options

Stephanie wrote: "Here are my Reyes options:

"

I was considering Drew Fuller too :)

message 34: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments It seems that actress is already practising for her Cookie role, Traci! ;)

And Stephenie, Eliza Dushku is my "dream" Charley... she is really on spot for me. Thanks for letting me know about this actress.

message 35: by Annii (new)

Annii Oohoh cool!!!
hmmm when i visualise reyes i see the guy who plays alcide on true blood! Hottt
Maybe sophia bush as charley.

Ines wrote: "It seems that actress is already practising for her Cookie role, Traci! ;)

And Stephenie, Eliza Dushku is my "dream" Charley... she is really on spot for me. Thanks for letting me know about this ..."

I like Eliza Dushku too...she kicked a$$ when she was on Buffy, Angel, and Tru Calling.

message 37: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments Traci wrote: "Ines wrote: "It seems that actress is already practising for her Cookie role, Traci! ;)

And Stephenie, Eliza Dushku is my "dream" Charley... she is really on spot for me. Thanks for letting me kno..."

I can't picture anyone else as Charley in my mind than her! That's immediately who popped into my head when I started reading the books! And she can totally pull of sassy, sexy, and strong!

And hmmm- Alcide from True Blood? I can see that!

Stephanie wrote: "Traci wrote: "Ines wrote: "It seems that actress is already practising for her Cookie role, Traci! ;)

And Stephenie, Eliza Dushku is my "dream" Charley... she is really on spot for me. Thanks for ..."

He is hot!!! A definite contender! Have you checked out the Daryanda Jones Fan Group Facebook page? Dana posted a great pic of him a couple of days ago.

message 39: by Annii (new)

Annii He is sexy! Ah i saw the picture dana added
Hot hot hot

message 40: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments Ines wrote: "It seems that actress is already practising for her Cookie role, Traci! ;)

And Stephenie, Eliza Dushku is my "dream" Charley... she is really on spot for me. Thanks for letting me know about this ..."

No problem, Ines!!

Mel wrote: "Okay here goes;

Katy Perry as Charlie
Jake Gyllenhaal as Reyes
Mark ruffalo as Ubie
John Stamos as Leland
James Marsden as Garret
Lyndse..."

Mel, I was considering Lyndsy Fonesca for Charley, but I think you have her right for Gemma.

message 42: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Traci wrote: "
My Reyes

My Cookie"

She would also be a great Cookie...

message 43: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Stephanie wrote: "
My Charley

My Garrett (because Traci already showed you Shemar Moore!

Here are my Reyes options:

Your last one is the closest to my vision of Reyes...

"

message 44: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments I wasn't too happy with Jake as Reyes but I think I finally found my Reyes...Eduardo Verastegui. Oo,weee is he HOT!!!

message 45: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments Mel wrote: "I wasn't too happy with Jake as Reyes but I think I finally found my Reyes...Eduardo Verastegui. Oo,weee is he HOT!!!"

holy cow, woman! He is HOT and TOTALLY PERFECT!! Where on earth did you find him?!? I'm in love...

message 46: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Stephanie wrote: "Mel wrote: "I wasn't too happy with Jake as Reyes but I think I finally found my Reyes...Eduardo Verastegui. Oo,weee is he HOT!!!"

holy cow, woman! He is HOT and TOTALLY PERFECT!! Where on earth ..."

I did a search of Hispanic actors until I saw one that fit my view of Reyes and he is perfect. I am uploading pictures of him to my profile. Give me a minute then check them out.

message 47: by Nawnee (new)

Nawnee (nawnees) | 132 comments I like Eliza Dushku as charley she just clicks I'm going to warn you not to go to this discussion group http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1... Discussion for Charley Davidson Series
I went to place a vote for Darynda as the author of the month for March and they have a place to discuss her books and I can't get over how if they don't like her books why are they discussing them??? :( what they were saying was blasphemous but I could just be offended because there calling books i like filler and saying bad things about some of the reasons I love these books

message 48: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Nawnee wrote: "I like Eliza Dushku as charley she just clicks I'm going to warn you not to go to this discussion group http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1... Discussion for Charley David..."

Not everyone is as well read and as culture as us Nawnee...just take with a "grain of salt" that they lack the impecible taste that we all have. LOL :)

message 49: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) I hope they don't pick child age actors/actresses, trying to appeal to the teen audience. I want to see a handsome man for Reyes. And a FUNNY Charley. And though I adore Shemar Moore, I want my Reyes to be more handsome than Shemar, and that will be hard to do.

message 50: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments Mel wrote: "Nawnee wrote: "I like Eliza Dushku as charley she just clicks I'm going to warn you not to go to this discussion group http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1... Discussion fo..."

Nawnee, I just posted in there, but kept it light. It's not fun to see when others don't see what we do about the series, but that's why I love this group! We can be cheerleaders for Charley and the gang all we want ;-)

« previous 1 3 4