Strictly Personal discussion

Other Artists > Bob Dylan

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

Dr. Zyllihapping I-Don't-Have-A-Last-Name (i_wanna_be_a_paperback_writer) | 67 comments Mod
Oh yes, I'm talking about that man who's become a legend now, and even after over 40 years since his debut, continues to make awesome albums (i. e. Modern Times, Love and Theft, etc.)

Plus, he's made my fave album of all time, "Highway 61 Revisited".

What are your thoughts on him?

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim Highway 61 Revisited is also one of my faves by Dylan.

The title track, Tombstones Blues, and Ballad of a Thin Man are particularly good.

message 3: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

Dr. Zyllihapping I-Don't-Have-A-Last-Name (i_wanna_be_a_paperback_writer) | 67 comments Mod
Jim wrote: "Highway 61 Revisited is also one of my faves by Dylan.

The title track, Tombstones Blues, and Ballad of a Thin Man are particularly good."

And of course, then there are the legendary opener and closer.

message 4: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

But seriously, the whole album is awesome. That's why it's my fave.

message 5: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "Not a huge fan of Dylan, but I do like his song Everybody Must Get Stoned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASQ-yH..."

The whole of Blonde on Blonde is great, actually!

message 6: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

Brandon wrote: "I must say Dylan was a great lyricist but sometimes that's not enough to hold up as consistent artist. His voice is weak and hard on the ears sometimes as well."

Funny. He's easily one of my favorite vocalists.

message 7: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "Boris the Talking Puffin/Strawberry Caterpillar wrote: "Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "Not a huge fan of Dylan, but I do like his song Everybody Must Get Stoned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A..."

So? Go read the lyrics.

He may have been good in the Travelling Wilburys, but overall I don't really like the Travelling Wilburys that much.

He's been around a long time, and he's had his ups and downs. I must say, though, that when he's at his best, there's nothing that can stop him from being the most awesome.

message 8: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "Boris the Talking Puffin/Strawberry Caterpillar wrote: "Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "Boris the Talking Puffin/Strawberry Caterpillar wrote: "Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "Not a huge fan of D..."

If you don't read the lyrics, you're missing out! Like if you don't read the lyrics while listening to the albums of Joanna Newsom. Not that the music is bad and Dylan's vocals aren't great, but the lyrics are really important too, without them the experience is incomplete. If you can't understand them, you should read them.

I think they were alright. The stuff of theirs I have heard isn't mind-blowing exactly, just.......average. I don't mean in a bad way, just a neutral way.

Yes we do.

message 9: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "Boris the Talking Puffin/Strawberry Caterpillar wrote: "Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "Boris the Talking Puffin/Strawberry Caterpillar wrote: "Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "Boris the Talking P..."

Oh, okay. Good then :)