Book Quotes <3 discussion

Fun and Games :) > Random Page Game!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) Got this game from Young Adult Reads.
Each day I will post a new page number.

Feb. 25 --> Grab the nearest book to you and open to page 41. Type the first sentence here and write what book its from :)

message 2: by Katherine, the awkward one (last edited Feb 28, 2012 04:48PM) (new)

Katherine (katherinehuang) | 295 comments Mod
"It turned out to be a cool summer." - Freak the Mighty

message 3: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) Okay ;) let's do...hmmm, page 79.

message 4: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) "It was obvious from the looks the girls were giving me that I probably couldn't have picked a weirder comment."

from Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

message 5: by Katherine, the awkward one (last edited Feb 29, 2012 04:22PM) (new)

'A flatterer's would not, though they do appear as huge as high Olympus.' - "Julius Caesar"

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"It takes me five rounds to hit the middle of the target, and when I do a rush of energy goes through me."

-Divergent

message 7: by Katherine, the awkward one (last edited Feb 29, 2012 04:22PM) (new)

'Monseigneur, one of the great lords in power at the Court, held his fortnightly reception in his grand hotel in Paris.' - A Tale of Two Cities

message 8: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) Page 99 :)

message 9: by Katherine, the awkward one (last edited Feb 28, 2012 04:52PM) (new)

"Sadie looked like she'd been smacked between the eyes." - The Red Pyramid

EDIT: This goes under page 79

message 10: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) "I'd thought Eddie was overreacting with his vigilance, but had something happened to Jill?"

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

message 11: by Katherine, the awkward one (last edited Feb 29, 2012 04:22PM) (new)

'I can't explain why, but it was really pretty cool.' - Freak the Mighty

s/n: Notice that my other quote from this book also has the word "cool" in it...hmm..just an observation :P

EDIT: this goes under page 79

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"Please go unconscious"

-Divergent

message 13: by Katherine, the awkward one (new)

'"Clary!" Isabelle glanced up and down the corridor, then bit her lip.' - City of Ashes

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Tris, apparently.

message 15: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) Not really an order...but more like omg pleease go unconscious already lol.

message 16: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) page 121

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 29, 2012 03:54PM) (new)

Or are you feeling a little...Stiff?

-Divergent

message 18: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) "It's gold," he argued.

--Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

message 19: by Katherine, the awkward one (new)

'The Silent Brothers may not be warriors, but they are primarily guardians, and very good at their jobs.' - City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare

message 20: by Arushi (last edited Feb 29, 2012 04:46PM) (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) Katherine wrote: "'The Silent Brothers may not be warriors, but they are primarily guardians, and very good at their jobs.' - City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare"

Are you reading CoA?!?! I love that book xD though CoG is even better ;D

message 21: by Katherine, the awkward one (new)

haha I I know! I still have to read the rest of the series after this one. THEN I have to read the Clockwork Prince or whatever it's called.

message 22: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) Clockwork Angel comes before Clockwork Prince. OMG CLOCKWORK PRINCE WAS SOOO GOOD BUT MADE ME REALLY ANNOYED!!! D:

message 23: by Katherine, the awkward one (new)

haha see I need to read those! And aww, I sorry?

message 24: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) lol, you'll see once you get there. you've got some reading ahead of you xD

Btw Mar 2nd, 2012 page number is erm.......303 if your book has that many pages.

message 25: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) "For certain rocks, scientists can estimate the time since formation, or the absolute age of the rock." -- Modern Biology by John H. Postlethwait (lol that would be my bio textbook)

message 26: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) let's see...page...199.