Darynda Jones Fans discussion

TGDA Book Discussion > Day 11 - Week 2 - Questions- Kim, Poor Kim!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana, Founder (new)

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
Kim has helped Charley find and see things that no one could have. What are your thoughts on Kim? Do you think we will see more of her in book 4?

Traci (Mad Hatter Reads) (traci-madhatterreads) | 609 comments Mod
We need to see more of Kim in book 4. She was so upset in TGDA when Charley told her Walker was alive but we never found out how she was doing afterwards or if she found out that Reyes had gotten to him and he wasn't a danger anymore. Now that he's out of the picture, maybe Kim can come out of hiding and be reunited Reyes.

message 3: by Dana, Founder (new)

I know ME wants to know more!!! She seems so fragile, but I know we will see her in a different light! Well, I hope we do she is the character I want most to grow/develop.

message 4: by Ines (last edited Feb 25, 2012 03:47PM) (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments I was left with the same feeling as Traci. Charley thinks Reyes will kill her because she told Kim that Walker is still alive and then nobody warns her that it is safe again? I hope she didn't run away or died of something (Charley keeps hinting at how fragile she looks).

Kim knows the protective brother but I'm not sure she understands all of him. Most of his friends seem to regard him as someone that just likes to show off but is a softy on the inside. Maybe we will see more of Kim but it seems Charley knows more about them than she does - and probably won't need more info from her.

message 5: by Dana, Founder (new)

Ines wrote: "I was left with the same feeling as Traci. Charley thinks Reyes will kill her because she told Kim that Walker is still alive and then nobody warns her that it is safe again? I hope she didn't run ..."

That would be the worst kind of luck, if something would happen to Kim, b/c of what Charley said. Reyes would be livid and Charley would be devasted!

message 6: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Dana wrote: "Ines wrote: "I was left with the same feeling as Traci. Charley thinks Reyes will kill her because she told Kim that Walker is still alive and then nobody warns her that it is safe again? I hope sh..."

I think in that situation Charley would have Kim crossing her and Reyes permanently mad at her... It wouldn't be nice at all! Let's just hope Charley told Kim of the good news but the scene didn't make it to the final book?...

message 7: by Nawnee (new)

Nawnee (nawnees) | 132 comments I would love to see her reunited with Reyes and for kim to know she is safe for the rest of her life so she will start living it

Nawnee wrote: "I would love to see her reunited with Reyes and for kim to know she is safe for the rest of her life so she will start living it"

Me too Nawnee!

message 9: by Dana, Founder (new)

Me three, Nawnee and Traci!

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) With Charley's memory some one needs to remind her to get ahold of Kim. Kim is so gentle and scared. She NEEDS to be informed that it's OK now...

message 11: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments It seems we all quite agree in this topic!

message 12: by Mel (last edited Feb 25, 2012 04:46PM) (new)

Mel | 829 comments I too want to know why she is so frail. Could something or someone be draining her of energy or is she simply sick? Why does Kim stay in her apartment and rarely venture out? Is she simply protecting her relationship with Reyes or is their something more? I would love to learn more about her and for Charlie and Kim to develop a sisterly relationship. I really, really do not want any harm to come to Kim

message 13: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Whether Kim is involved or moves on, the book will be good. I don't understand why Kim didn't just leave the state. She didn't have anything to do with Reyes after he went to jail...so why stay?

message 14: by Dana, Founder (new)

Cindy wrote: "Whether Kim is involved or moves on, the book will be good. I don't understand why Kim didn't just leave the state. She didn't have anything to do with Reyes after he went to jail...so why stay?"

Great question, Cin. Unfinished biz, but what?

message 15: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Maybe she's so fragile because her growing up was terrible... she saw horrible things and starved from time to time. Still she is so lovable, I hope they tell her soon and that makes her healthier!

message 16: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Cindy wrote: "Whether Kim is involved or moves on, the book will be good. I don't understand why Kim didn't just leave the state. She didn't have anything to do with Reyes after he went to jail...so why stay?"

Maybe hoping for a chance to see her brother again? Staying where she knew he could find her.

message 17: by Nawnee (new)

Nawnee (nawnees) | 132 comments I think she's fragile because of the home environment and what she prob feels like she allowed reyes to do for her I bet she blames herself for the abuse he suffered and couldn't leave the area because it was as close as she could get to her brother. bet she didn't spend the money because of guilt too, lived the live of a shut in because she hasn't ever gotten over the trauma of childhood and has prob had no positive experiences with dating or men either.

Nawnee wrote: "I think she's fragile because of the home environment and what she prob feels like she allowed reyes to do for her I bet she blames herself for the abuse he suffered and couldn't leave the area bec..."

My feelings too Nawnee.

message 19: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Nawnee wrote: "I think she's fragile because of the home environment and what she prob feels like she allowed reyes to do for her I bet she blames herself for the abuse he suffered and couldn't leave the area bec..."

Great ideas, Nawnee.

message 20: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Ines wrote: "Cindy wrote: "Whether Kim is involved or moves on, the book will be good. I don't understand why Kim didn't just leave the state. She didn't have anything to do with Reyes after he went to jail....."

I hope she gets to reconnect with Reyes, Ines.

message 21: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Dana wrote: "I know ME wants to know more!!! She seems so fragile, but I know we will see her in a different light! Well, I hope we do she is the character I want most to grow/develop."

Dana, I would love to see her blossom now that her father has been captured and Reyes will be out of prison.

message 22: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Traci wrote: "We need to see more of Kim in book 4. She was so upset in TGDA when Charley told her Walker was alive but we never found out how she was doing afterwards or if she found out that Reyes had gotten t..."

I hope she will and nothing bad happens to her, Traci.

message 23: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Cindy wrote: "With Charley's memory some one needs to remind her to get ahold of Kim. Kim is so gentle and scared. She NEEDS to be informed that it's OK now..."

I agree, Cindy...she needs to find her fast. I hope she is not too depressed to think about it.

message 24: by Nawnee (new)

Nawnee (nawnees) | 132 comments I do think we might be putting to much stock in a side character though it could be that Darynda has no intentions of more interaction with kim than what we are already getting, which is generally about once a book

message 25: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) But Kim means alot to Reyes...otherwise he wouldn't have stuck around for the years of abuse that his "dad" put him through. So Reyes needs closure with Kim...

message 26: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments I hope at the very least that Kim gets to reunite with Reyes!

I think that Kim is fragile and a shut-in because she grew up in an abusive environment, and they probably moved around a lot her whole life, so when she was on her own, she needed to put down roots, and be close to Reyes, even if she couldn't admit to their relationship.

I'm honestly not sure how much of her story I really want to see played out in more depth- she seems more of a liability now that "everyone" knows she's Reyes' sister. Maybe it could make for some good story telling in a future book, but Charley has Cookie as her bff, and she is working on her relationship with her sister, so I'm not really sure that Kim really "fits" in Charley's life as more than what she is now...

message 27: by Annii (new)

Annii Hii ladies! Im so late to these discussions.school is full on.so many assignments to do before i got overseas
Hmm. I think kim is interesting but i like the other characters better
Id love to see more of reyes interacting with his best friends kids. He seems so sweets around them
Hope charley and reyes get it on normally next book.i think its about time lol
No clue how im going to handle waiting until oct 31 st for the next book :|

message 28: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Cindy wrote: "But Kim means alot to Reyes...otherwise he wouldn't have stuck around for the years of abuse that his "dad" put him through. So Reyes needs closure with Kim..."

So true Cindy...if she is important to Reyes, she will be important to Charlie. I have more than one sister and more than one friend...