☀Ignite Your Creativity☀ discussion

Book Obsessions. > What did you read when you were little?

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah You know how children have those favourite books that they read over and over? Which were yours?

I loved Cat in the hat, and all the Dr. Suess books. And there was this Irish book my great aunt got me called Starting School, which I like knew off by heart. I can't think of anymore right now but I just lioved loads of books when I was little. Haha :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i know this isn't that little but when I was in 2nd grade my favorite book was A Little Princess...

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtney21297) | 53 comments i loved the Paddinton bear ones and also the Pooh Bear books.Pooh is so adorable!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah OhmyGosh!!! How could I forget me dearest PADDINGTON!!!?? I am still obsessed with him to this day!! And i loved Winnie The Pooh!!! :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

ah, winnie the pooh... :)

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtney21297) | 53 comments i hated how they remade Pooh Bear with the little girl.Pooh was sweet and Innocent,they taught lessons subtly but in the new ones the make it so cheesy and obvious

Eternal Werecat | 141 comments The Hungry Caterpillar and the Rainbow Fish

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I was kinda a weirdo. I read Robinson Crusoe in the 4th or 5th grade xD
It mostly consisted of the Magic Tree House series by Mary Osbourne. Freaking loved those. Then my 5th grade teacher broke it me that the books were too young for me.
I was heartbroken.
Until I found Harry Potter.
Then I had an obsession for awhile, until I had some sense slapped into me.
Literally.

Eternal Werecat | 141 comments 0_0 I read Robinson Crusoe in the third grade. Heck I read Magic tree house when I was in middle school, my sis would check them out and I would borrow them and finish them before she would. Babysitter's club, Saddle Club, Animal Ark, Thoroughbred I loved and still love, they're my guilty pleasure.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

ROBINSON CRUSOE FOREVER!!!!!

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah OhmyGosh I remember that Robinson Crusoe :/

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah i never really read teh girly stories, for some reason. I was more interested in weird action stuff and animals...

message 13: by Razmatus (new)

Razmatus | 86 comments I remember my favs were books with greek myths for children... and my fav book used to be Illiad shortened for kids, with beautiful pictures... I remember reading it every time I was sick and had to stay at bed haha :)

message 14: by JazzyCat (last edited Mar 05, 2012 04:16PM) (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) I loved the giving tree and the very hungry catepillar.

message 15: by Razmatus (new)

Razmatus | 86 comments oh yea, and lets not forget Odyssey that I popped in one day (i know, kids' version but still) and that I absolutely loved even as adult when I read the full version

message 16: by Grouphug (new)

Grouphug | 44 comments oh my God the Wizard of Oz over and over I mean the excitement you know when i realized they had made a movie of it with Judy garland wow

~❤Rikka❤~ *living is just a symptom of dying* | 122 comments Technically, I'm still little but I love Alice in Wonderland! It's the only book I never tire of. =D

message 18: by Grouphug (new)

Grouphug | 44 comments Rikka ~1D4EVER~ wrote: "Technically, I'm still little but I love Alice in Wonderland! It's the only book I never tire of. =D"

yeah thats another of my books I love, just brilliant

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

FRANKLIN!!!

message 20: by Aysha (new)

Aysha  (aysh_fy) | 29 comments My favorites were Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew,Malory Towers,A little Princess,Famous Five,Heidi,Diary of a wimpy kid and oh!Hardy boys!!

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) Um.. when I was little I liked all kinds of books!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't read when I was a kid.

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 15, 2012 10:58PM) (new)

Mom told me I loved The Very Hungry Caterpillar but I don't remember it. I do remember Beatrix Potter stories which I read to my own son. I love her drawings.

The Complete Tales

The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher

message 24: by Lilac (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 127 comments When I was very small I liked The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Jam Pandas, Wind in the Willows, Mr Men, Little Miss
When I was 6-7 I liked the Rainbow Magic books (there's about 100 now!) and The Secret Garden, Five children and it, Peter Pan
When I was 8-10 I liked Harry Potter, Books by Eva Ibotson, The Hobbit, Books by Geraldine McCaughrean

message 25: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) I loved Cat in the Hat, and in fact got it for my second birthday from my (then) 18 year old sister, but my mother, for reason unknown to the rest of the family, dislikes Dr Suess in intensely. I was basically a fan of any book they gave me, LOL.
When I was in about second grade, I discovered a series about a magic tree house, a few series in Hebrew, and a few series translated from English whose names I can't remember. All of them fit to fifth graders, mostly, but I was always mature for my age, and by the time I was in forth grade, I had outgrown them by far. That's when I discovered Harry Potter, and I am, till now, obsessed. I also discovered around then my favorite Israeli writer. Sixth grade was already Percy Jackson and Twilight, which opened the door to the fantasy and Paranormals I love so much now.

message 26: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) ~☆ Alice☆~ wrote: "Mom told me I loved The Very Hungry Caterpillar but I don't remember it. I do remember Beatrix Potter stories which I read to my own son. I love her drawings.

The Complete Tales

The Tale of Mr...."

The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a classic! I loved that book!

message 27: by Haidi (new)

Haidi I used to read all of Enid Blytons books and as I got older got into the Famous 5 and Secret 7.

But my favourite book and I still love reading it now to my kids is called
I had trouble in Getting to solla sollew. By Dr Seuss

I also read books called Clan Ground and Ratha's Creature by Clara Bell. I only recently discovered she has written 3 or 4 more in the series, so I intend to read them one day even tho I read the first 2 like 20 years ago.

message 28: by Delaney (new)

Delaney I read those epic books with only less than 15 words on every page and wonderful pictures. Yes, they were amazing.

message 29: by Delaney (last edited Sep 04, 2012 12:14AM) (new)

Delaney Dr. Suess!!!!! I loved his books!!! They were so much fun. And I read some Magic Tree House before I grew bored of them.

message 30: by Aysha (last edited Sep 04, 2012 06:17AM) (new)

Aysha  (aysh_fy) | 29 comments Magic Tree House books are good.I used to read them too.

message 31: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Magic Tree House and DR SUESS ^^

message 32: by yael (new)

yael I don't remember alot, but I read

Dr. Suess and Froggy Series:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/97...

Also stuff like The Kissing hand. Strange, everyone seems to read Courduroy (sp?) but me

message 33: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Never read that,

message 34: by Delaney (new)

Delaney ᗩᕠℂᖺᗢᖇᔕ ➸ wrote: "I don't remember alot, but I read

Dr. Suess and Froggy Series:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/97...

Also stuff like The Kissing hand. Strange, everyone seems to read C..."

Oh the Froggy Series! Those were great.

message 35: by yael (new)

yael I KNOW :DD

message 36: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_bookworm) | 504 comments The Tiger Who Came to Tea, Dr Suess, The Hungry Caterpillar & (yes...) Paddington Bear, I think there were books on Bob The Builder (who I loved). I had this book where it was Winnie The Pooh & it had buttons to press to hear tunes when the lyrics to different Winnie The Pooh songs came on. But they were all when I was very tiny.

message 37: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see.

or something.

message 38: by ϟEvelynϟ (new)

ϟEvelynϟ (paralynperea) | 118 comments I really like the Ramona Quimby series when I was about in 3rd-5th grade. I also liked the American Girl books, since I just loved to collect the dolls.

message 39: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) I absolutely loved the Nancy Drew series for a while when I was eight or nine.

message 40: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I read Little House in the big woods by Laura Ingalls wilder.