Addicted to YA discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
Heroines > Isabelle Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments)

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5299 comments Mod
Share your thoughts about Isabelle

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Isabelle is like a demon slayin model. Need I say more?

Monica | 54 comments Isabelle is a really strong female character, Clary is to, but with her its more this undeniably visible fierceness. She grew up in a world made up of, predominately, male shadowhunters so she continually has to prove herself, yet she remains true to herself and doesn't conform. She is, in short, incredible.

message 4: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela I love Isabelle, she can kill demons in stilletos, i can't even walk in them so she therefore holds my eternal reverence.

Ophelia ॐ Isabelle is fierce, sexy, and strong! what's not to love about her?

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I've only read 202 pages of the first book so far, but she's my favorite character. Everything about her is awesome. She reminds me of Katniss from "The Hunger Games" for some really weird reason. I agree with all of the people who posted above--I couldn't have stated it better myself. I just love her!

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Yeah she reminds me of Katniss minus the love of fashion :)

message 8: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy Awesome gurl. Pretty, fierce and a friend of Jace! what more can I say, She is caring and thoughtful but loyal and protective of the ones she loves!

Anna | 300 comments Ela wrote: "I love Isabelle, she can kill demons in stilletos, i can't even walk in them so she therefore holds my eternal reverence."

lol
Mmm I think she is strong like Katniss but more brittle - more unpredictable and fiery. Perhaps Katniss is just 'older' because of the horror she has endured: she has to be selfless enough to volunteer instead of Prim but ruthless enough to survive in the games.

Debbie Davies (debbie16) | 27 comments i think isabelle is one of the most complex characters I think she's the one we see all sides too; beauty, strength, vulnerability, loneliness, bravery......

message 11: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela I love finding out more about her in CoFA.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with you Fari, but she is also soft somewhere deep, deep down.

message 13: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Definately, just because she's strong and georgeus dosen't mean she dosen't have emotions and problems. That's what makes her great, she may be awesome but she's still just a girl.

Sydney Isabelle is awesome! I rarely laugh out loud reading books, but between her and Jace I`m always chuckling!

message 15: by Farhia (new) - added it

Farhia (farhia97) | 183 comments Isabelle is eveything a women is thought to be, and everything they are not. I mean she has perfect fashion sense, but can also slay demons and kill thing...all while keeping her hair perfect, as Clary says

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Isabelle screams girl power, sexiness, feminism, and awesome-ness, and that's why I love her so much. :)

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments I really liked Isabelle when I first read the books, but she kind of lost her flare in the second part of the series, my perspective. I liked how she used a unique weapon, a whip. I don't think I've ever read about a YA character who wielded a whip, lol! I do really like her relationship with Simon though. I think Isabelle is truly herself with him.

Destanie (dest_books) | 28 comments I Love Isabelle!

BTW! Im fairly new to Goodreads and dont have friends so if you guys good PLEASE add me i love YA books. and romance books! Thanks :)

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments Welcome to goodreads! Hope you enjoy the site!

Marybeth (narutofan14) Isabelle was pretty good. She was one of my favorite characters in the books

Harlee Oh, I loved Isabelle! When I started reading these books, immediately,I was like THIS is the girl to be! She's super gorgeous, bad ass and tough, but still girly!

Harlee @Stormy I do agree with you though. I've only read the first 4 books and by the end of the 4th one, there was something different about her!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I never had paid really attention to Isabelle until the fourth and fifth book when we finally get to see some personal interaction of her and I just feel for her. She's fierce not just because her abilities of killing demons, but also because of everything she had been through and is still able to open herself. I just love her.

Veronica | 442 comments Izzy is amazing. she is kickass, sexy and cool.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Izzy is one kickass character. I like her more than Clary Fray.

Maria Would've been cool if we got a spin off story on isabelle :P or like a novella about her pre-clary haha

message 27: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat | 1553 comments Mod
At first, in the first bit of City of Bones, I actually hated her because she was so mean to Clary and was playing with Simon, but she definitely grew on me. She is a really strong, badass female heroine and is one of my favourite characters in the series. And I like how she grew to like Simon for real.

message 28: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma Thomsen | 23 comments She is just damn amazing

message 29: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat | 1553 comments Mod
Inês wrote: "Izzy is just one of the best characters ever! At the beginning you don't know what to think about her, you don't actually like her. But then she is one of that characters that grows and develops a..."

too true :)

yandra’s yummy book reviews (yandraconfesses) | 5 comments An admirable triple threat, she has the beauty, the brains and a remarkable gift for slaying demons in stilettos, need I say more?

Damaris Huerta | 1565 comments I love Isabelle Lightwood, she kicking ass and looking good while doing it. I also love how she so private and reserved when she in love. Like her story was so interesting to read.

Any Shadowhunter fans in the LA area want to be friends please message me or add me. Most of my friends don’t watch the show or the read the series so I’m lonely. I would really love to be friends with you.

mandi  (goodreadscomgoodreadscombonnie) She was one of the best parts of the books imo. Simon did her dirty though lamo.

I'm All Booked Up  YA | 19 comments Find out which TMI, TID or TDA character you are based on your Myers-Briggs! Comment on the post with which character you are!

https://imallbookedup.home.blog/2019/...

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

My girl crush

Grace Odunaya I love how badass she is but isn't afraid to show her feeling.

message 36: by Dalia (new) - added it

Dalia | 285 comments No less than 8 inches

Pearl (crazymuffins27) | 105 comments Isabelle is so brave, strong, sexy, fashion and she is the best female character of The Mortal Instruments Series.

Jazzy  (thecuriousreader) I am currently re-reading TMI and Isabelle is such a queen. She is strong and doesn't need a man to do anything for her. One of my favorite female characters honestly.

Zara   | 990 comments The thing I like most about Isabelle is that she is independent she doesn't need a man to support her. She is so bold and knows how to make her desicions. She is perfect example of GIRL POWER!!