The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)
This topic is about The Angel Experiment
Heroines > Maximum Ride (Maximum Ride)

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 4428 comments Mod
Share your thoughts about Max

Kayla  | 49 comments I love Max! She's so funny, strong, and she loves her flock! Grr I'm jealous of her wings.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

She's gone pretty soft now...

message 4: by Amie (new)

Amie | 26 comments i love max! she's tough and completely kicks ass :D and its good to have a self-reliant heroine in a book for once; instead of a whiny, weak girl who has to rely on some guy to save her all the time, but at the same time she still has an emotional, softer side (i mean, who wants her to be made of stone :L) :)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 110 comments Max is pretty beast. And she is soooooo lucky she has first dibs on Fang! Plus I am totally envious of her wings

Victoria (VictoriaLove) | 5 comments Love Max! She is strong and very human- like in an unhuman way. Do you get what I`m saying?

Hannah (cloveshay) | 110 comments Totally ;)

Webiny | 28 comments Yeah I love that she's tough, smart, got a motherly soft spot, not playing the damsel in distress bit, and not boy crazy. I only just started reading Final Warning, so I'm not too much into her relationship(s) but I suppose I'll like that part too.

My only complaint is that she's not big on listening... at all. Have you noticed that almost every conversation with The Organization or its representatives has ended with her blowing her top before she gets answers? It's like she starts hearing what Jeb has to say, makes smart mouth replies, and then she kicks him in the face and flies away. It can get tiresome.

But other than that I think she's a great protag.

Tori (toridanielle) | 12 comments I think Max is a total heroine. She is strong, independent, and protective! She can handle her own :)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4559 comments Max is really cool! I only read the first book but she was a perfect heroine.

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 194 comments Max is amazing:)

message 12: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Max is awesome, but i am starting to get really frustrated with james patterson! (view spoiler)

message 13: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Jun 25, 2012 06:08AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma3501 wrote: "Max is awesome, but i am starting to get really frustrated with james patterson! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler) Feel the same way about the Fang and Max part though and I really hate Dylan. (view spoiler)

message 14: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Erika wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "Max is awesome, but i am starting to get really frustrated with james patterson! [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed] Feel the same way about the Fang and Max part though and I ..."

I totally agree! (view spoiler)

message 15: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma3501 wrote: "Erika wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "Max is awesome, but i am starting to get really frustrated with james patterson! [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed] Feel the same way about the Fang and Max part..."

It would be perfect because James Patterson can't just break up Max and Fang after building them up over almost all the books I mean that's just not ok. Dylan can go jump off a cliff if he doesn't want to be with Maya.

message 16: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Erika wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "Erika wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "Max is awesome, but i am starting to get really frustrated with james patterson! [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed] Feel the same way about the ..."

It really would be the perfect ending. But James Patterson says someone is going to die, so maybe it will be dylan. Hopefully not fang or max!

message 17: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dylan needs to die. If Fang dies I will never read another James Patterson book...but I feel like it might be Fang because Angel said (view spoiler) I'd also be ok with Maya dying.

message 18: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma FANG MUST NOT DIE!!!!!! maya and dylan can both just go die in a hole together.

message 19: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma3501 wrote: "FANG MUST NOT DIE!!!!!! maya and dylan can both just go die in a hole together."

Agreed! Honestly I have no idea where James Patterson is going to go with this.

message 20: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma He is wayyyyy to unpredictable. Honestly, I like it when books are predictable, because if it's going to be disappointing then at least you can brace yourself for it!

message 21: by Ela (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela I've only read the first three but I really liked Max, what I thought was good was the fact that to begin with Patterson didn't specify that she was girl; it took me a while to work that out.
I would really like Ella(?) and her mum(the vet) to come into it again, I thought that circumstance was really interesting.

message 22: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Ela wrote: "I've only read the first three but I really liked Max, what I thought was good was the fact that to begin with Patterson didn't specify that she was girl; it took me a while to work that out.
I wou..."

Oh, the series only gets better! (until it gets frustrating!) but it is amazing! you should really keep reading if you weren't already going to.

message 23: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma3501 wrote: "He is wayyyyy to unpredictable. Honestly, I like it when books are predictable, because if it's going to be disappointing then at least you can brace yourself for it!"

But being unpredictable keeps readers on there toes. I'm just annoyed because the book isn't here yet and that James Patterson created Dylan in the first place. I tend to like books that are unpredictable but when you have to wait this long for the next book it's torture!

message 24: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Erika wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "He is wayyyyy to unpredictable. Honestly, I like it when books are predictable, because if it's going to be disappointing then at least you can brace yourself for it!"

But being u..."

Yeah, he said it was coming out in february then he pushed it back to august!

message 25: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma3501 wrote: "Erika wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "He is wayyyyy to unpredictable. Honestly, I like it when books are predictable, because if it's going to be disappointing then at least you can brace yourself for it!..."

If I remember correctly Angel came out around Feb 14 so that means we've been waiting for over a year!

message 26: by Llyn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Llyn | 24 comments I miss Fang ONLY loving Max. I miss how they are sooo perfect for each other. Soul mates.

message 27: by Ela (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela Emma3501 wrote: "Ela wrote: "I've only read the first three but I really liked Max, what I thought was good was the fact that to begin with Patterson didn't specify that she was girl; it took me a while to work tha..."

Okay I might see if I can find the next one then...:)

Farhia (farhia97) | 195 comments I love Max; her attitude, strength...her whole personality. But, I felt after the Final Warning (which I've hated) she changes and acts less tough, her inner self showing through. Anyways, I still loved her

message 29: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Farhia wrote: "I love Max; her attitude, strength...her whole personality. But, I felt after the Final Warning (which I've hated) she changes and acts less tough, her inner self showing through. Anyways, I still ..."

I feel the same way!

christina | 10 comments I really love Max, but near the end of the series she gets slightly annoying. The whole Fang/ Dylan thing gets exhausting.

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3538 comments Max is a very strong heroine. I love how loyal she is to her pack and how she would do just about anything for them. Even though I really enjoyed Max's character, I wasn't that impressed with everything else. I'm debating whether I should read the third book or not.

unread topics | mark unread