Harry Potter discussion

Books > sarcastic qoutes

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Allie | 76 comments jk is so good at sarcazam!!!:D

message 2: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments yeah, here's one, this was during harry's first xmas at hogwarts:

"You haven't got a letter on yours," George said to Ron. "I suppose she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid -- we know we're called Gred and Forge."

message 3: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Kenzie "Ron you have the emotional range of a teaspoon" Hermione says. Fifth book after Harry snogs Cho.

message 4: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) "She needs to sort out her priorities." Ron to Harry about Hermione, after they meet Fluffy for the 1st time, in Soceror's Stone.

message 5: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (irajnug) | 732 comments ha! can't think of anything at the mo, but i love all of the funny parts in the books!!!! jo u rock!

message 6: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) *sigh* know whats REALLY sad? i can quote the entire scene that i took that quote from...

message 7: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (irajnug) | 732 comments oh well, this is after all a sight for harry potter fans... aka don't worry snowfoot i'm as sad as you are!

message 8: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) hermione: you two dont use your eyes, do you? did either of you two notice what the dog was standing on?
ron: i wasnt looking at it feet! i was a bit preoccupied with its heads! or maybe YOU didnt notice? there were 3!
hermione: it was standing on a trapdoor. its guarding something. now, if you two dont mind, IM going to bed, before either of you two come up with another clever idea to get us killed. or worse, expelled. *exit stage right to girl's dormitory*
ron to harry: she needs to sort out her priorities
harry: *nods head*

message 9: by Maya (new)

Maya (mswwsmmsw) | 51 comments *clap clap clap clap*
good job Snowfoot!
you're talented!

message 10: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) *bows* thank you! thank you! lol! *cracks up laughing*

message 11: by Maya (new)

Maya (numerounochewylover) | 270 comments lol, that's amazing!
but how do we know you didn't just look it up in the book?
*gasp* Snowfoot's a con artist! why?

message 12: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) im NOT a conartist!! if you dont believe i did that from memory, thats ur problem. I know that its from my memory, so i am good. and i think i may have messed it up a bit...

message 13: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments if you had to take an exam in harry potter you would so get top marks!!
I like the bit where ron is talking about making crabbe do lines - I - must - not - look - like - a - baboons- backside!! its not sarcastic but funny!

message 14: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, that part was GREAT!

message 15: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (irajnug) | 732 comments i like the part when hermy beats up ron when he returns in the 7 book!

and the whole garden gnome thing, too:
xeno: ...you have been blessed by the gernumblies, lun!!!!!
i cracked up at that part... even though there are way funnier things in the book that i can't think of right now...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Quotes is spelled Q-U-O-T-E-S not Q-O-U-T-E-S!

message 17: by Julia (new)

Julia | 7 comments My favourite quote - "I like the healthy breeze around my privates, thank you very much!" From GoF, Quidditch World Cup.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Julia wrote: "My favourite quote - "I like the healthy breeze around my privates, thank you very much!" From GoF, Quidditch World Cup."

Ha! LOL! How is that sarcastic though?

message 19: by Annamarie (new)

Annamarie (Ilovebooks143) In PoA when the Dursleys are yelling at him for listening to the news again and Harry says "well it changes everyday you see" haha

message 20: by Angela (new)

Angela (applescruff1987) | 1 comments Delores Umbridge is interviewing the teachers and she says something to Snape like, "You originally applied for the Defense Against The Dark Arts position?" and he replies "Yes....." so she goes on, "But you were unsuccessful?" and he hisses "Ob-vi-ous-ly...." Hahaha soooo freaking funny!

message 21: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl L | 5 comments I liked these:

“You're a prefect? Oh Ronnie! That's everyone in the family!"
"What are Fred and I? Next door neighbors?”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

“An Unbreakable Vow?" said Ron, looking stunned. "Nah, he can’t have.... Are you sure?"
"Yes I’m sure," said Harry. "Why, what does it mean?"
"Well, you can’t break an Unbreakable Vow..."
"I’d worked that much out for myself, funnily enough.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

message 22: by Keren (new)

Keren Dror (kikitreehugger9) | 46 comments Ron: [Harry and Ron arrive late to Transfiguration, relieved that Professor McGonagall isn't there yet] Whew, made it. Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?
[the cat sitting at the head of the class suddenly transforms into her]
Ron: That was bloody brilliant!
Professor McGonagall: Well, thank you for that assessment, Mr Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr Potter and yourself into a pocket watch? That way, one of you might be on time.
Harry: We got lost.
Professor McGonagall: Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats.

message 23: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (natashaforrest) This thread is gold.

I cracked up laughing when George and fred took the polyjuice potion to look like Harry and they say, "hey! we're identical!"

or when Harry's talking about the death eaters:
"And they’d love to have me," said Harry sarcastically. "We’d be best pals if they didn't keep trying to do me in."

Or super Sassy harry:
Harry: "Yes"
snape:"yes SIR"
Harry: "There is no need to call me sir,professor."

Oh man Sassy harry is my fav

message 24: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Jul 21, 2014 03:09PM) (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
"I am here to teach you using a Ministry-approved method that does not include inviting students to give their opinions on matters about which they understand very little. Your previous teachers in this subject may have allowed you more licence, but as none of them - with the possible exception of Professor Quirrell, who did at least appear to have restricted himself to age-appropriate subjects - would have passed a Ministry inspection -"

"Yeah, Quirrell was a great teacher," said Harry loudly, "there was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head."

- From OotP

“This is your copy of Advanced Potion-Making, is it, Potter?”
“Yes,” said Harry, still breathing hard.
“You’re quite sure of that, are you, Potter?”
“Yes,” said Harry, with a touch more defiance.
“This is the copy of Advanced Potion-Making that you purchased from Flourish and Blotts?”
“Yes,” said Harry firmly.
“Then why,” asked Snape, “does it have the name ‘Roonil Wazlib’ written inside the front cover?”
Harry’s heart missed a beat. “That’s my nickname,” he said.”
"Your nickname," repeated Snape.
"Yeah...that's what my friends call me," said Harry.
"I understand what a nickname is," said Snape.

-From HBP

message 25: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (natashaforrest) Pandy wrote: ""I am here to teach you using a Ministry-approved method that does not include inviting students to give their opinions on matters about which they understand very little. Your previous teachers in..."

ahahaa i forgot about 'Roonil Wazlib'omg

message 26: by B (new)

B (deathandchocolate) | 94 comments Love this! Also where Malfoy is trying to make psych harry out abt Quidditch and harry replies, "(whatshisname)'s aim is so bad that id be more worried if he was aiming for the person next to me." I love that one. And the part in the third after Ron and Hermione make up, in Divination, when Trelawney asks them if they see anything, and ron says, "Yeah, someone spilled their candle," and "i dont need anyone to tell me what this means. There's going to be lots of fog tonight." (sorry cant remember word-for-word havent read this one in a few months - shocking, i know =D)

message 27: by Saakshi (new)

Saakshi Roy | 39 comments 'I am a wizard, not a baboon brandishing a stick.'

HP and the Half Blood Prince

message 28: by Saakshi (new)

Saakshi Roy | 39 comments Oh yeah, and there's also this:

(view spoiler)