The Fey Fiction Obsessors Group discussion

Welcome! > What fey series should be made into a movie?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 23 comments Mod
Seriously - which one? Some of them be a disappointment, obviously, if not done correctly, but comment on your fav series to cinemamise (neat word, I made it up!), why and what actor would you cast as the main character/characters?

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 2 comments The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa!!!

message 3: by Booknut (new)

I'm with you there, Shannon! It'd be nice to see Ash in real life, huh? Though *coughs* Ash has nothing to do with it, right?!

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 2 comments Booknut wrote: "I'm with you there, Shannon! It'd be nice to see Ash in real life, huh? Though *coughs* Ash has nothing to do with it, right?!"

Ha ha... Maybe Ash has something to do with it... :-P

message 5: by Booknut (new)

he has EVERYTHING to do with it; for me at least!

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna Wood-gaines (annabanana13) | 2 comments the iron fey!!! to see ash in real life..<3

message 7: by Michael (Mai) (new)

Michael (Mai) (maiinwonderland) I guess I really need to read this series.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 1 comments me too..they are on my to read list, I will just have to bump them up closer to the top!! ;)

message 9: by Carole (new)

Carole (4liverpool) | 27 comments I would like to see the fever series by Karen Marie Moning. The other one would be Melissa Marr's series Ink Exchange.

message 10: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 22 comments Those would be awesome... Hollywood would have a tough time casting a good Barrons, though. Hoo boy, and the special effects... Peter Jackson, you reading? Spielberg?

message 11: by Carole (new)

Carole (4liverpool) | 27 comments Laurel wrote: "Those would be awesome... Hollywood would have a tough time casting a good Barrons, though. Hoo boy, and the special effects... Peter Jackson, you reading? Spielberg?"
What does Peter Jackson & Spielberg have out?

message 12: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 22 comments Carole wrote: "What does Peter Jackson & Spielberg have out?"

I was asking Peter Jackson (director of The Lord of the Rings movies) and Stephen Spielberg (director of lots of other popular movies) if they were listening to your suggestions. :)

message 13: by Carole (new)

Carole (4liverpool) | 27 comments Laurel wrote: "Carole wrote: "What does Peter Jackson & Spielberg have out?"

I was asking Peter Jackson (director of The Lord of the Rings movies) and Stephen Spielberg (director of lots of other popular movies)..."

Oh, do I feel stupid! I heard that they are making a movie about Cassandra Claire's Immortal Instruments

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 14: by Booknut (new)

Carole wrote: "Laurel wrote: "Carole wrote: "What does Peter Jackson & Spielberg have out?"

I was asking Peter Jackson (director of The Lord of the Rings movies) and Stephen Spielberg (director of lots of other ..."

They are - it apparently comes out the 23 August 2013!

message 15: by Carole (new)

Carole (4liverpool) | 27 comments Have you read the series by Anya Bast? it is really good. Wicked Enchantment (Dark Magick, #1) by Anya Bast Cruel Enchantment (Dark Magick, #2) by Anya Bast Dark Enchantment (Dark Magick, #3) by Anya Bast Midnight Enchantment (Dark Magick, #4) by Anya Bast

message 16: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 22 comments Carole wrote: "I would like to see the fever series by Karen Marie Moning. The other one would be Melissa Marr's series Ink Exchange."

Check it out... Dreamworks bought the rights to the Darkfever franchise. :D

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118...

message 17: by Carole (new)

Carole (4liverpool) | 27 comments Laurel wrote: "Carole wrote: "I would like to see the fever series by Karen Marie Moning. The other one would be Melissa Marr's series Ink Exchange."

Check it out... Dreamworks bought the rights to the Darkfever..."

I love this series. I wonder who they would cast as Barons? If this is by Disney, the sex would have to be toned down. Sometimes the movie or tv series can be good - example True Blood. It follows the books, but not exactly so you can ejoy both. Plus there is Alexander Skarsgard - my ultimate fantasy man!

message 18: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 22 comments Carole wrote: "I love this series. I wonder who they would cast as Barons? If this is by Disney, the sex would have to be toned down. Sometimes the movie or tv series can be good - example True Blood. It follows the books, but not exactly so you can ejoy both. Plus there is Alexander Skarsgard - my ultimate fantasy man! "

Hmm... looks like Dreamworks is the animation studio. Interesting. So an animated flick, like Shrek (how's Skarsgard's voice? :) )? You're right, it would need an awful lot of editing... even if you take all the sex out of it, it's still not really a kids movie. Maybe they'll team up with somebody else to do a live action/computer animated combo or something. They'll have to come up with some Unseelie, somehow.

Who knows, maybe it will be a breakout hit and the faerie will become the new vampire. ;)

message 19: by Carole (new)

Carole (4liverpool) | 27 comments Laurel wrote: "Carole wrote: "I love this series. I wonder who they would cast as Barons? If this is by Disney, the sex would have to be toned down. Sometimes the movie or tv series can be good - example True Blo..."

I am not really into the animation movie. The Mortal Instruments is being made into a movie, plus with twilight, and vampire diaries here's hoping that they will make it to a normal movie. I think there is more of a market their with all of the teenagers. I can't really see them getting so excited about an animation, but if you give them real men - like Robert Pattison and Liam Hemsworth - then you will get the hysteria and money.

message 20: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 22 comments Carole wrote: "I am not really into the animation movie. The Mortal Instruments is being made into a movie, plus with twilight, and vampire diaries here's hoping that they will make it to a normal movie. I think there is more of a market their with all of the teenagers. I can't really see them getting so excited about an animation, but if you give them real men - like Robert Pattison and Liam Hemsworth - then you will get the hysteria and money. "

Yeah, me too to all of that... feel free to animate (or partially computer-generate) the hunters and alien-looking fae and so forth, but not the whole thing, please!

It looks like Wicked Lovely almost made it to movie status: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat...

Script was written by Caroline Thompson (Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare before Christmas, and others)... saw on a fansite that there's a script and it's supposedly in the works, just doesn't have a studio at the moment. Hope they work it out! :)

message 21: by Carole (new)

Carole (4liverpool) | 27 comments This is disappointing. Maybe an independant film company will make it. With the right marketing, mechandise I think that this series would be sucessfull. I really hope that Melissa Marr's books and Karen Marie Moning books get made. Look at the sucess of girl with a dragon tattoo.

message 22: by Sheyenne (new)

Sheyenne  (sunshineshy599) Iron fey by julie kagawa definetly

message 23: by Carole (new)

Carole (4liverpool) | 27 comments Look at the movie coming out with Kristen Stewart, Snow White. That looks pretty edgy, so maybe there is hope that they can do a fey series!

message 24: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 22 comments Anyone seen the new Lost Girl series on SyFy? I caught a few minutes of it last night, and there are Dark/Light fey and succubi and maybe some others. I didn't see enough to get a real impression, but maybe that will take off and give them a push too.

And wow, yeah, Snow White looks like it might be pretty good. Here's hoping!