KBF Irregulars discussion

Member book threads > Dee's reading randomness ;)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) so right now i'm reading The Submission which is about a group of people who are deciding which architect wins the competition to design a memorial for the WTC...after much deliberation, they pick the winner to find out that he is muslim...this is about what ensues...so much of this book rings true and I think the author, so far has done a good job examining the various public perceptions of islam and how 9/11 affected our view. Because of the field I work in, this is something that we track (counter-terrorism stuff).

I'm also reading Wave of Terror which is about the soviet invasion of belarus in 1940...this is def. a time period I wish was studied more in schools because I didn't really know anything about it until this past year.

On the ipod, i'm listening to Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void - a pop psychology look at the space program, its rather entertaining.

I'm also reading Heidi for a childhood classic and getting read to start Lucky in Cyprus

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i seem to be in a bit of a reading funk right now...we are nearly half-way through the month and I can count the number of books I have finished on 2 hands, and its not been like that...about the only ones I have finished recently are ones for my bingo challenge in another group because I have a team depending on me. But i'm hoping to finish up The Art of Fielding: A Novel either today or tomorrow, as well as finish listening to The Blade Itself (this might have potential to be a KBF Irregulars Fantasy read)

message 3: by HJ (new)

HJ (hjleonard) I have the KBF mystery book, and have been unable to be disciplined enough to get it read. I'm pretty sure that I won't be allowed to nominate anything for the fantasy read, damn it.

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) ditto...hmmm, maybe i'll dig it out - I think I can fit it into another challenge and I do already have it

message 5: by Char (new)

Char Dee!!!!
LOVE the avatar!

*wiping a little drool away*

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) thanks - he's my birthday cowboy...unfortunately, I didn't get the real thing

message 7: by Char (new)

Char Bummer! ; )