The Fire (The Eight, #2) The Fire discussion

The Fire

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo I LOVED "THE EIGHT"by katherine neville and am looking forward to this book but it takes longer for authors to be published in england and some american authors not at all.I like books set in different peroids of time,and have been reading all my life.But!i am not a fan of the classics. JO

message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam I read The Eight back in the early 90's and reread the book about a month ago in order to prepare for The Fire. I didn't get it! First who was Catherine Grand from India since she wasn't the same Catherine the Great from Russia - based on The Eight (at least that is what I understood) and yet what ever happened to Mirrielle? Did she lived forever and why all of the sudden Tatiana is alive as well as Charlot? I just didn't understand the new book. If this was suupose to be a sequel then why it wasn't detailed the lives of Lily Rad's parents and family? Why wasn't ever mentioned where the pieces were scattered by Cat and Solarin? How about the pieces that Tylliard burried in America? Should I go back and read both books? It seems that I missed a lot of things.... To me it was dissponted the way the book was written and the ending was awful.

message 3: by Ray (new) - added it

Ray THIS SUCKS

Karlene Elliott-mclean I am half way through and it seems that Mirelle was on the black team but now her son Charlot is on white team. While Cat Velis is on black team but her daughter Alexandra is the new white queen.
Ms. Neville you have completely lost focus on this one; could not capture the magic that the eight has. Been waiting for this book and now it is a great disappointment.
I have a copy of the eight and every two years I read it over. I read it over at the end of last year just in time to follow up with the Fire. You should have continued in the same vein as Cat leaving the clues to her daughter and let them be on the same team.
Anyway, I am not finished as yet, maybe it will work out that they are on the same side.

message 5: by Ray (new) - added it

Ray Karlene wrote: "I am half way through and it seems that Mirelle was on the black team but now her son Charlot is on white team. While Cat Velis is on black team but her daughter Alexandra is the new white queen.
M..."

you are so stupid this is a bad book

message 6: by Jdcomments (last edited Jun 18, 2014 03:55PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Jdcomments One of the most inane books I have ever read.

Aside from The Eight Katherine Neville has been a disappointment but this book is in a category all its own.

Lena Blomme I read it,(in Dutch of course, because my English is not good enough to read such large books) but i did not like it as much as her 2 other books : The Eight and the magic circle