Geeks and Books discussion

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
This topic is about Catching Fire
Monthly Book Discussion > Febraury - Catching Fire

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Discussion about February's book.

Eve (revanche900) (revanche900) | 4 comments I think I enjoyed Catching Fire better than The Hunger Games. The story seemed to flow much more smoothly, and the introduction of all of the new characters really made the world much more interesting.

I guess since this was the second book, there was less background needed, so more story could happen.

I liked this iteration of the games. Didn't like where she chose to end this book, though it is a good cliffhanger.

Mike Lewis (qazwix) | 13 comments Mod
Eve wrote: "I think I enjoyed Catching Fire better than The Hunger Games. The story seemed to flow much more smoothly, and the introduction of all of the new characters really made the world much more interes..."
I wasn't big on the end either, but I do think the story was better. During the first half of the book I wasn't sure where the story was going. But that was ok. The story was still really interesting even though there wasn't much happening. The the big twist with the games happen and the author wasted no time getting them into the arena. I agree with you though, the ending was really abrupt! (So I went ahead and read Mockingjay early ;)

Eve (revanche900) (revanche900) | 4 comments Guilty! I read Mockinjay, as well.

Can we have that conversation this month, too? :-)

Mike Lewis (qazwix) | 13 comments Mod
Yeah, totally. I think most of the other have read ahead to Mockingjay as well. I think there's enough of us that we'll have to. Are you going to join us on Sunday for the Google+ hangout?

Brad Trnavsky (bmtrnavsky) | 5 comments Sorry I missed all of this. Once I started I read all 3 books in about 2 weeks. I enjoyed them.