Q&A with Stacia Kane discussion

THE DEMONS BOOKS > Megan Chase Series

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) Since I love the Downside series I'm thinking of reading Stacia other series. Who here has read them and would you recommend them?

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ ive read them and loved them. they are not like DG but the two main characters as well as the secondary characters are great.

message 3: by midnightblooms (new)

midnightblooms | 11 comments I actually read this series first. I picked up the Downside series because I enjoyed the Megan Chase series so much.

It's completely different from the Downside series--more romance, a lot more humor, and a lot less gloom. There's still plenty of action and danger and mystery and hot gorgeous men and sexy scenes, though! And little shoulder demons. :)

I highly recommend them because they were so much fun to read.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) Good to know. Thanks for the input ladies.

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 42 comments I read this series after the first three Downside Ghosts stories. I couldn't get enough of Stacia Kane. I really like this series, although it's much lighter in tone. I kind of love the male lead in this series, who couldn't be more different than Terrible if he tried! I really wish this series would have continued...

message 6: by Hayley (new)

Hayley G (hayleyg) | 3 comments I read this series before the Downside series- they're so good! Loved all three. It's definitely not as edgy as the Downside series but no less satisfying :) I really want another one in this series!

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 148 comments I have yet to read this series, I don't know if I can stand caring this much about a whole different group of characters! I care so much about the Downside books that I get exceptionally stressed out, especially waiting for SM.

For the record, I will eventually read it, but I don't know if I can just yet. :-)

message 8: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 42 comments Laura wrote: "I have yet to read this series, I don't know if I can stand caring this much about a whole different group of characters! I care so much about the Downside books that I get exceptionally stressed o..."

FYI - there are some angsty parts to this series, but it wasn't nearly as emotionally draining to read (for me) as Downside Ghosts.

message 9: by Sarah (SB) ღ (new)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 91 comments I've only read the first one so far. I did however, make Megans Demon Pleasing Meat Pie!! Pretty good recipe, hubby loved it. He's slightly demonic though ;)

message 10: by Annie (new)

Annie (pages_of_chaos) | 3 comments They're brilliant books. I definitely reccomend them. Yes, they're very different from Downside-BUT- it's still Stacia's brilliant writing.
It still has that feel about it that tells you se wrote it. It's light hearted, but about as innocently written as Downside.... It still has your alcohol, explosions, KICK ASS Heroin and a good-guy-who-isn't-conventionally-such-a-good-guy... I'm team Greyson ALMOST as much as I'm team Terrible (but I think I'll always belong on Downside)

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily | 110 comments I just read these books because I love the downside series so much. I would recommend them. I loved Greyson so much. I will admit that the heroin, Megan, got on my nerves sometimes. I will just say she did not handle stress very well lol. The world was fun and the story was great. Read them ;)

message 12: by Stacia (new)

Stacia Kane (staciakane) | 157 comments Mod
Thanks everyone!

The two series are definitely very different. :-) PERSONAL DEMONS was the first non-genre-romance I ever wrote, although it really does skirt the UF/PNR line. So I was really still just finding my feet, so to speak. They were a lot of fun to write, though, and hopefully fun to read; my favorite was DEMON INSIDE.

I actually came up with the idea for UNHOLY GHOSTS while writing DEMON INSIDE, and started UG the day after I finished DI because I was so excited about the idea and just couldn't wait.

And oh, I did/do love Greyson, too. :-)

message 13: by Crissy (new)

Crissy (crissysa2003) | 2 comments I was wondering if you would ever consider writting more in this series? I really enjoyed these characters as well and would like to read more about them.