Clean Romances discussion

Welcome!! > Squee!!!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Keeley (safire_blue) | 89 comments I can't believe this group exists! I love romance but I don't like the direction it's been going. I tried reading inspirational romance, even though I wanted something secular, thinking I wouldn't mind the "preachiness" as long as the romance was good. But there was hardly any romance! At least, not the kind I was looking for.

I'd been writing fantasy/soft sci-fi for a while, then noticed there was always a strong romantic element. So, I decided to start writing my own secular romances (fantasy/paranormal/contemp.), if I couldn't find what I wanted in the stores.

And then I find this group. I am so thrilled to find others searching for the same thing, I cannot begin to tell you.

I'm really looking forward to joining the search for secular romances and taking a look at what you all have written.

Oh, as for what I like to read within the category of clean romance, I love paranormal stories, especially shifters or gods-among-men. Wizards catch my eye as well. I loooove a fantasy with a good romance in it. I also love contemporary, especially strong alpha heroes, or betas who become alphas in the end. Businessmen are a favorite of mine. I love good characters and will forgive a lot if the characters are strong enough. However, the better the writing/plot, the happier I am. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

message 2: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 178 comments Amy wrote: "I can't believe this group exists! I love romance but I don't like the direction it's been going. I tried reading inspirational romance, even though I wanted something secular, thinking I wouldn'..."

Amy, welcome to the group!!!

message 3: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Hi, Amy! Glad to have you!

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy Keeley (safire_blue) | 89 comments Thanks!

message 5: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
We're so glad to have you here, Amy! I write medieval romances myself (clean, secular ones, of course ;-) ), but you'll find many books in your interest areas listed on our bookshelf.

message 6: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Fyffe | 34 comments Hi, Amy! Super happy to found the group! You're going to love it.... :)

~Caroline

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy Keeley (safire_blue) | 89 comments @Joyce - Thanks! I've been looking over the bookshelf and I've already found some interesting stories. Looking forward to reading them.

@Caroline - I think I will, too. :)