YA Today Book Club discussion

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Discussion Posts > Discussion #5 - The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kayelee Rock (kayeleerock) | 120 comments Mod
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight...

I have absolutely no complaints! I don't even know what to say! I found this shorter book to be incredibly charming and romantic. And not in the pukey sort of romance way, but I honestly feel like it could really become a classic. I loved it that much!

I don't even know what to ask you guys as discussion questions. Anyone want to throw some in?

message 2: by Alisha (last edited Feb 29, 2012 05:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alisha (theamwriter) | 261 comments Mod
I'm not done reading it, but almost finished, so far I like it. It's cute.

Update (2/29/2012): I just finished reading the book yesterday while waiting for my husband to get out of class, and I must say that I liked this book. I have to double check but I think this fulfills one of the Debut author challenge books.

I really enjoyed this book, it was cute, it was romantic, with a little bit of everything else mixed it. I really liked how the author wrote this story, and it was all about what happened between these two characters in a 24 hour time period of meeting each other.

I liked the cover of the book as well. I think they did a really nice job designing it. I thought maybe it could be a little lighter in the grayish color that was on there but for the most part I liked it.

I also liked how each chapter had the times for eastern time zone and the Greenwich time zone. What did everyone think about the time zone times in the beginning of each chapter?

Overall, I enjoyed it. I think the author did a good job.

message 3: by Viv (new) - rated it 5 stars

Viv (a_pocky_box) Super late but I finally got to read and finish this book. This book was a much needed feel-good, romantic novel for my hectic month prior to reading it.

At first I had no idea that this book would start off at the airport (I should have really read the synopsis before I read it). But when I opened the book up and started reading, I so happened to be at the airport waiting for my flight back home. What a coincidence. I found myself looking up every now and then to find Oliver. Wishful thinking on my part.

Kaylee, I think you're right. I can see this being a classic for me and reading it every time I am at an airport again.

Alisha, I like the way they added the time at the beginning of each chapter. It just kept reinforcing what the old lady on the train said. How only a few hours can seem like a lifetime for those in love.