Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > "description from" field

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nata (new)

Nata (natagh) | 4 comments I modified the description field, and I couldn't modify the "description from" field, it shows this: "Goodreads User" I went to the link but it says that couldn't find that profile.

My question is: How can I change the "description from" field.

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim | 604 comments Are you talking about The Chase? It still has the default description which is why you aren't showing up as the description editor.

message 3: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (seeford) | 579 comments You can't change that field, it is system-generated.
I'm not certain, but I don't know if it will change unless you are the creator of the description, vs just editing it some.

message 4: by Nata (last edited Feb 24, 2012 02:39PM) (new)

Nata (natagh) | 4 comments Kim wrote: "Are you talking about The Chase? It still has the default description which is why you aren't showing up as the description editor."

Yes, I'm talking about The Chase, but its original in Spanish, El acoso the description that it shows I did it yesterday. But I don't know why is the same description of the English version you mention. I imagine that someone copied it, but I'm not sure.

message 5: by Nata (new)

Nata (natagh) | 4 comments Carolyn wrote: "You can't change that field, it is system-generated.
I'm not certain, but I don't know if it will change unless you are the creator of the description, vs just editing it some."

Thanks for the information, Carolyn!

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42456 comments Mod
It will change if you edit it a certain amount, based on an algorithm I don't really understand but know exists. ;)

message 7: by Nata (new)

Nata (natagh) | 4 comments rivka wrote: "It will change if you edit it a certain amount, based on an algorithm I don't really understand but know exists. ;)"

Ah, ok! Thanks rivka :)