Pikes Peak Library District discussion

Discussion Questions > What literary character do you most relate to and why?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista | 15 comments When you read a particular book, are you struck by certain similarities between one of the characters and yourself? Share with the group!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I identify with Bella Swan!
1. she has balance problems and so do I
2. She hates going to a new school and feels very shy
I had to do that 13 times so do I ever relate
3. she is very pale and passes out at the sight of blood
4. she can smell rust and it makes her feel sick..ditto!
5. she loves to read
6. there are other things but those are just off the top of my head. I was so surprised to like her so much. My hubby says most all Stephenie Meyer characters are likeable which is rare in books.

message 3: by Rod (new)

Rod Summitt | 16 comments I have noticed that on more than one occassion -- maybe a little freaky along that line is that sometimes I notice when reading over one of my manuscripts after I have been away from it for awhile, I see that occassionaly (maybe more than occassonally) a character I have "created" resembles to some degree, sometimes to a great degree, someone I know. This has not be done intentionally, but must come from within my subconscious. A friend of mine recently commented, "Obviously Drew in Return to Paradise is _________________", a mutual ffriend of ours.

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie (julebug78) | 3 comments I identify with Jo March from "Little Women." She is awkward and doesn't fit in with those around her. She is her own person and often finds it easier to live in her dream world that she has created than to face what is going on around her.