Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows question

J.K. Rowling: Writing a new book for adults!
Desiree Desiree Feb 23, 2012 02:10PM
I am so excited! It was just announced the J.K. Rowling will be coming out with a new book for adults! I'n not sure if it will be a series or not and everything from the name to the genre is very hush hush. What do you think it will be about and are you as excited as I am?

I'm a kid:((((

Habz ...im sure it won't be published for a few yrs yet:) ...more
Feb 27, 2012 08:01AM · flag

I'm very excited to see what her latest project is. I read books on all kinds of topics and with her brilliant writing style, i don't think i would have a problem with whatever ganre she's written it in :)

I'm so very glad it's not another Juv/YA (although I'd so dearly love it anyways). Her Harry Potter fans from childhood have grown up. It's time for something new. No matter what, anything she writes will be dear to my heart. <3

I'm interested to see what she writes next. I was always confused as to why she stopped writing in the first place, I mean there a tons of amazing authors out there and when they end one book/series, they start another. But J.K Rowling just stopped. I'll be sure to read her newest book i just hope she can pull it off after such a gap.

I tried not to get too excited about this purely because of a past experience. I read a series by Sara Douglas 'Wayfarer Redemption' that I found fantastic....she then started another series which I grabbed at with glee just because it was written by 'one of my favourite authors'. I tried, I really did... but I just couldn't get through the first book!
High expectations can destroy what will 'probably' be a great book/series....you can build it up in your mind so much that when you actually get to it you feel let down. I am a huge JKR fan and just don't want to be disappointed with her upcoming offering.
Due to her overwhelming success with HP I think it would have been great for her to release a new series under a pseudonym (eg Nora Roberts as J.D. Robb) and let her writing speak for itself.

dgbahawegja. I am so freaking excited.

I dunno, I can't imagine JKR writing for adults... I hope she can pull it off...

YES!!! YAY

I will be first in line to buy another JKR book. I once read a interview with JK that she said the next book she wrote maybe under a pseudonym. I think it has taken so long for her to release anything else as she has had a active roll in all the HP movies over the past 10 years. Plus has a growing family. Plus all good books take time to perfect.

I have no idea what it will be about, but knowing J.K Rowling she will probably write another fantasy-like book.

I practically grew up with Harry Potter, so I'm pretty interested in what she will come up with next.. it's pretty cool she's going to write a book for adults, it feels kinda like she's growing up with her fans now they've grown up with her HP series :)

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ (last edited Mar 20, 2012 02:30AM ) Mar 20, 2012 02:30AM   0 votes
I'm a kid, too. :(
i don't care what they say the age level is, I'm reading it!

Yay! I need to read it. It's definitely not going to measure up to Harry Potter though.

I cannot wait. I have been waiting for this moment for 4 years. Yessss!!! J.K. said in the press release that it's going to be very different from HP, so I have a feeling it's going to be a crime novel or a thriller!

Shubham Hopefully!!
Feb 27, 2012 07:59AM · flag

I am very much willing to read any book that has the words "by J.K. Rowling" on its cover. Can't wait.. ü

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8... - Word Game folks.. all about Harry Potter world.

I don't even care if it'll suck. It's going to be written by our queen. I think I squeeled when I found out.

adult book. *stomps feet* so not fair. why cant it be another ya book?

IKR!!!!!!

I'm happy that she is puttuing her talent out there for adults now. Sad thing is, I didnt "grow up" with Harry Potter, so I'm not an adult yet. :'(

I'm excited about her writing another book but at the same time, I'm worried about how it's going to come off and if it will have the same success rate with this new publishing company

Don't expect another HP. I Do like her Writing Style, so I'll Grab it.

I'm very glad to hear this. I've just seen the DVD biography of Harper Lee, "Hey Boo," which quoted her as saying, "I can only go down from here." I wondered if JKR would feel that way about Harry Potter, and I'm glad to hear that she doesn't.

Yipppeee!! I can't wait! :D

I confess I squealed too. Like a girl. I knew she wasn't done yet.

This is the most exciting news I've heard in a long time! She's said she's going to reveal the plot at a later date so that will be great. I love that it's something completly different from HP as well and that it's for adults. As much as she loves Harry it must be great for her to write something different after so long as well. I just hope she's still going to write that HP encyclopaedia she's mentioned she will def write in the future.

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

I am SOOO excited! But if it's anything like Harry Potter, age won't matter! Can't wait!!!