Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

J.K. Rowling writing a new book!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth I just found out today that the wonderful prestigious J.K. Rowling is writing a new series. Dont get excited yet because it's not a follow up to Harry Potter! I just want to know what people think of this. I think it's sad but I am looking forward to the new book but i have a feeling that it will be all hyped up and I wont enjoy it as much as potter because people will be mad that it's not a follow up and will be hating on it. This book will have to live up the legacy of potter so I hope that it's really good.

george ☽ Wow, really! I didn't know... but it's been long enough! It'd better be a YA series, like Harry Potter... cos this is a series I HAVE to read!

message 3: by Vymletoza (last edited Feb 23, 2012 09:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vymletoza do you have a link? didn't hear about this. I hope she will make it without the drama and killing people off. looking forward to it. (but I guess it won't be better than Potter)

message 4: by Joanne (new) - added it

Joanne Here's a short article I found this morning:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainme...

Not too much information yet. I'm super excited! I love the Harry Potter books, I can't wait to see what she writes for adults.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

GeOrG!a :) wrote: "Wow, really! I didn't know... but it's been long enough! It'd better be a YA series, like Harry Potter... cos this is a series I HAVE to read!"

its a series centered more towards the adult community, not like harry potter at all. thats what j.k. rowling said in an interview

Carly That's awesome that she's writing another book. And I'm kinda glad that it isn't a follow up. I'm sure it'll be great, it's J.K. Rowling after all, but I don't think anything that she writes next could surpass Harry Potter.

Katerina I loved the way JK Rowling writes and I'm glad she's not doing a Harry Potter follow up. The HP series ended perfectly, and thank god she sees that too.

Summer Lane I can't wait to see what she comes out with!

James Ive heard that its going to be a book for kids. I mean 6-10 yr old kids

message 10: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim Schultz James wrote: "Ive heard that its going to be a book for kids. I mean 6-10 yr old kids"
I've heard the opposite-that this is a book for adults.

James Really? I guess we will have to wait and see. :)

Maya cool^^ but I don't think any other book can top hp ;)

message 13: by Maya (last edited Mar 05, 2012 01:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya broaddus i am going to HAVE to read it! can't wait! So excited!
I'll read anything by her, i mean it has to be perfact.

message 14: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly vasquez Barrett she said on her web site it was going to be for adults

JazzyCat That's really cool! Except for adults?
Well, can you imagine the pressure on her right now? trying to top the hp series?

message 16: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria hopefully its true

Megan I don't see how she can top HP....

Breanna Morgan I'm so glad she isn't going to ruin the end to Harry Potter because she can't let it go (like so many books now) I can't wait to see what she comes up with, hope she doesn't dissapoint.

esthermarie Either way, it'll be really famous and she could write just about anything and everyone will still read it because she wrote Harry Potter.:D
I can't wait :D

message 20: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby It's suppose to be a grown-up book.

BUT WHAT IS IT ABOUT??!?!?!?!

message 21: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Michaela wrote: "She isn't telling anything about the plot yet :P"

BWAAAAAAAAAA

message 22: by Ajay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ajay It is an adult book!!!
And it may not be great shakes.. Remember S.E. Hinton!

Aaditya Mandalemula @ Vymletoza - You can't get Rowling without drama both on and off the page.

message 24: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby I'm SO EXITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

message 25: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy I think she is an amazing author with fantastic imagination! I'm sure whatever she writes will be brilliant and I can't wait ;-)

Emily Pemberton I am glad that she is writing a new book but it is supposed to be an adult book so i am really disapointed because i am only 12 and i am obsessed with Harry potter. But the harry potter books were supposed to be adult books so we will see.

Lauren AWESOME!!! (I just wonder if she can do the same thing she did the first time!!)

Angie I want a prequel series!!!. The rise of Voldemort!