Making Connections discussion

ARRs COMPLETED (Post Reviews) > 144. SWIRLS (The Outsiders Trilogy #1) by F.A. Hershey

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14679 comments Mod
Swirls (Outsiders #1) by F.A. Hershey F.A. Hershey

Genre: YA Sci-fi/fantasy

Swirls

Book Description

Sixteen-year-old Julia finds herself leaving her London life behind to move with her parents to the Amazon jungle.

A native descendant, she becomes familiarized with her own roots for the first time in her life. However, she never imagines she is about to discover much more than her own past but also just how crowded our little planet is...

This is a present time sci-fi/ fantasy story about trust, friendship, love and self-discovery.

This book falls into the category of YA fiction, though not unsuitable for younger readers.

Be one of the first 15 people to sign up below in order to receive a free copy of this ebook to Read and Review! All Reviews should be posted on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.

Formats available: Mobi, Epub,Pdf

All reviews should be completed and posted within 4 to 6 weeks after you recieve your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your Name, email address and format required

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 42 comments Yes, PLEASE!
Mallory Anne-Marie Forbes
Mobi please
Archie.Standwood.Author@gmail.com
thank you!

message 3: by Tana (new)

sent in your request Mallory

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 42 comments Thanks, Tana, already received-will have it in the next couple of days, hopefully!

Lovey Dovey Books (loveydoveybooks) I'm interested in reading Swirls

Candace
loveydoveybooks at gmail dot com
mobi

Thank you :)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments Since you offered a longer time frame- SOLD!

mobi format please
loonyalana@yahoo.com

message 7: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 6344 comments Mod
Sending in your requests right now :)

message 8: by Lizze (new)

Lizze Gorski | 21 comments I'd like to be included.
Elizabeth Gorski
readinwritingmamaby3@live.com
epub format please.

message 9: by Tana (new)

sent in your request Elizabeth

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 42 comments http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/282...

Julia’s family is moving to the Amazon, from London, with next to no notice at all. Her father has found a new position there, and hopes to get out from under the family’s financial difficulties. In a sense, Julia and her mother ought to be happy for the trip, because her mother’s mother is an Amazon native, a member of the Kanauyed tribe. But Julia’s mother has always distanced herself from that heritage, which Julia can’t understand, and doesn’t want to leave London life-neither does Julia. But it seems they have no choice. What it all amounts to is a tremendous uproar for a sixteen-year-old, who has to abandon her school friends, her home, and her Grandmother. Adding to her anxiety is a night-before-departure dream that escalates from simply puzzling, to bizarre, to terrifying and painful.

“Swirls” is more than just a YA-adolescent with tribulations story, though, and Julia’s dream will prove both prophetic-and incredible. Author Hershey does a fine job of weaving in paranormal and science fiction elements, while keeping the story line level and the reader intrigued but not skeptical or scoffing. In other words, the suspension of disbelief comes easily. This novel is listed as for YA readers or younger, but it’s certainly effective for older-that is, adult readers-as well.

Lovey Dovey Books (loveydoveybooks) Lovely story! Here are my links:

Goodreads

Amazon

Lovey Dovey Books

message 12: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) ooo! am i seeing correctly only 4 people has requested the book? Well lucky me, if it's not to late can you please send me one love to read it.

elsa.carrion@ymail.com

kindle

message 13: by Tana (new)

sent in your request Elsa

message 14: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) Done great job, loved it! And here are the links.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3MB2EL8...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/swirl...

I tried to place it on smashwords but could not since I did not purchase it from there. They really need to change that. If the book is listed and we are a member why not let us leave the review. Oh well I tried.

Thanks again!

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments Crap- I'm running late, and I'm sorry. I promise I haven't forgotten, please forgive me!

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments If it makes you feel any better- in the last month my whole family got taken down just before Easter with bronchitis and I also had a car accident a week ago. I'm not just being lazy

message 17: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (moosubi) | 13 comments If you're still taking requests, I would love a copy.

Rachael
crystallaux@gmail.com
Mobi format c:

message 18: by Tana (new)

sent in your request Rachael

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments I have finished reading- I just need to write the review. Very different.

message 20: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 57 comments If there are still copies of this one available I'd like to read it :)

tfair26@gmail.com
epub, please

message 21: by Tana (new)

sent in your request Tammy

message 23: by Beth (new)

Beth (tometender) | 9 comments I would like to receive a copy if one is still available.

Beth
bethh0310@yahoo.com
-mobi format please

message 24: by Tana (new)

sent in your request Beth

message 25: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (moosubi) | 13 comments My review's up. Sorry it took so long D:

message 26: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 57 comments I'm really late, thanks :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Swirls (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

F.A. Hershey (other topics)