The Invisible Bridge The Invisible Bridge question

So far a bit boring..
Olga Imas Olga (last edited Feb 23, 2012 08:05AM ) Feb 23, 2012 08:04AM
While the topic and the quality of writing are commanding, so far, I find this book rather slow and for the lack of a better description, boring. Any thoughts?

What I loved about this book is how much I learned. My paternal grandparents came from Hungary so I had a vested interest in the "story". Check out the picture on the cover and google the dedication if you are finding the book a little too detailed or thinking of not finishing. I was weeping by the end.

One of my favorites!

Olga wrote: "While the topic and the quality of writing are commanding, so far, I find this book rather slow and for the lack of a better description, boring. Any thoughts?"

Keep reading. The story is wonderful.

This is one of those books that you have to read expecting it to delve deeply into each of the characters lives.
Sometimes we expect books to be like movies, quick and to the point, this is not one of those books.

If you can get into the mindset that you are on a "journey" (lame I know) with the characters I think you might like it! It took me a bit too, but once I calmed down (and stopped thinking about my reading challenge and getting lots of books read, lol) I really enjoyed it! :)

deleted user you must be kidding, or maybe it is not your style, it is beautifully written and different than the usual Holocast story
Apr 28, 2012 04:41PM · flag
Olga Imas Did you not see my follow-up comment :)? I did say it is a wonderful book :). Just took me a little while to get in.
Apr 30, 2012 07:21AM · flag

I loved how the story kept unfolding. Loved it.

deleted member Apr 25, 2012 02:51PM   0 votes
I could not agree more with the last post. This is one of those books you settle into and let the story unfold. It is a great book and worth the read.

I've not long finished it, on reflection it took till about 40% before I really was in to it. The writing style was a little too heavy on the descriptives for me, coupled with lots of words in French and Hungarian I found it a little hard going at times but I'm glad I finished it. I actually read it hoping to find something similar to The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simmons, which is easily the best book ever. This couldn't compete.

interesting read, but I felt it could have been edited down a bit. I got bored after 500 pages... and I enjoy a good long read.

Stick with it! It's a wonderful book. It's worth the time.