Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
This topic is about Home
THE SHORTS > HOME

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Stacia (new) - added it

Stacia Kane (staciakane) | 157 comments Mod
Discussion here!

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 148 comments It was SO WONDERFUL to see Chess & Terrible just happy being together. I get that he is going to have trust issues for a while, but it was a nice break to see them without conflict.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie (kahneks) I have read the first book and then this little jewel...I know it isn't in the right order of things - but I love the thought of the romance between Chess and Terrible taking off. Favorite part of this book is when Terrible calls Chess (view spoiler) So, I can't wait to read on so that I can come across the scene in which he drops that nickname on her!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ i mentioned this on the other thread but i loved this....it just makes me apprehensive for the next book!

message 5: by Stacia (new) - added it

How do I hide things under a spoiler tag?

Jamie | 42 comments Stacia wrote: "How do I hide things under a spoiler tag?"

Use this code: < spoiler > whatever you want to say here and then end your spoiler with < forward slash spoiler (altogether)>

Don't put any spaces between the brackets, forward slash and the word "spoiler." For more info, click the (some html is ok) link right above and towards the right of the comment box.

Okay - that was difficult to explain. Hope that helps little, or that someone else will be able to explain it in a less convoluted way.

Jamie | 42 comments Katie wrote: "I have read the first book and then this little jewel...I know it isn't in the right order of things - but I love the thought of the romance between Chess and Terrible taking off. Favorite part of..."

Oh, Katie! If you love that term of endearment, you're in for a treat once you read the remaining books :)

message 8: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Davis (redhotbooks) I loved, loved, loved this story. I know there must be angst in the novels, but this gave me all the warm and fuzzy feelings I wanted & needed from these two.

Thanks so much for giving us these moments of happiness for Chess & Terrible.

message 9: by Stacia (new) - added it

Jamie wrote:
Use this code: whatever you want to say here and then end your spoiler with

Don't put any spaces between the brackets, forward slash a..."

Ah, so it's just a basic html tag, only the tag is "spoiler." Thank you!

I have posted a short spoiler regarding the timing of both shorts in the SACRIFICIAL MAGIC SPOILERS thread. Because if you haven't read SM, my comment will be a spoiler.

Jamie | 42 comments Yeah - see, I could have made it less convoluted - just like you said ;-)

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 148 comments Stacia wrote: "Jamie wrote:
Use this code: whatever you want to say here and then end your spoiler with

Don't put any spaces between the brackets, forward slash a..."

Ah, so it's just a basic html tag, only..."

So as soon as SM comes out, in 32 days, I can go back and read all that thread. :-) *sigh*

Yodamom Wonderful sweet story, my heart sighed. Thanks

message 13: by Hayley (new) - added it

Hayley G (hayleyg) | 3 comments Is this novella still available? I can't find it :(

Sarah (SB) ღ | 91 comments I think this will work, enjoy!!

http://hereosandheartbreakers.com/

Sarah (SB) ღ | 91 comments or this one........... I like books, sucky with computers sorry :(
http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com...

Sarah (SB) ღ | 91 comments Umm, I think it's gone now. Don't worry, it'll be re-released. I'm sorry

message 17: by Hayley (new) - added it

Hayley G (hayleyg) | 3 comments Haha thanks Sarah! I hope so, I really want to read it after all this praise for it. I tried to order it on Kindle but alas tis not available haha :) fingers crossed!

message 18: by Stacia (new) - added it

I believe it's going to be released for purchase in April, but don't have an exact date or anything yet. I will of course update everywhere when I do!

Sarah (SB) ღ | 91 comments Thank you Stacia, that's welcome news..Bf and fellow bookwhore missed it as well, slacker!! what the heck? Kids can eat cereal for dinner once in a while! I'm planning on razzing her about it for awhile, ya know, tell her it's gone forever!!! haha!! serves her right!

message 20: by Mona (new)

Mona Bliss (missblissreads) | 75 comments I love it when Terrible says something like "I wanna get some eats in you" and all Chess can think is how she doesn't want to eat and not knowing how to navigate this whole thing. It's sweet and heartbreaking. Caring for someone and being cared for is so hard sometimes and this moment brings it into such sharp focus for me.

Carla | 2 comments So disappointed I missed it, oh well April is around the corner. It's on my list!!!

Cindy (cindy1) | 5 comments I suck, I missed it too. You guys are making me jealous!! :^)

Jennifer (sadstrumpetjenny) It was really sweet, but to be honest, I read it in such a rush, meaning to go back to it, but it was already gone before I had time. I will have to buy it in April too. Now that I've finished re-reading the first 3 I would looove to read it right now!

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 148 comments I read it twice myself :-) I want to read it again!!!

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 148 comments Is there an update as to when this will be released for sale? I remember hearing April sometime, but I am not sure if that was ever updated.

message 26: by Mona (new)

Mona Bliss (missblissreads) | 75 comments April was all I think Stacia knew at the time. Haven't heard anything else myself.

Emily | 110 comments I preordered it. I think it comes out next week???

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 148 comments Um, I didn't know you could pre-order it! Guess what I am doing ... right now ... :-)

message 29: by Mona (new)

Mona Bliss (missblissreads) | 75 comments WHAT? Holy crap...on my way to Amazon!

message 30: by Mona (new)

Mona Bliss (missblissreads) | 75 comments Ordered...April 10th for delivery.

Cindy (cindy1) | 5 comments Ordered mine too!

Jennifer (thebooknympho) Stacia wrote: "I believe it's going to be released for purchase in April, but don't have an exact date or anything yet. I will of course update everywhere when I do!"

It's for sale at Amazon now for $0.99.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007NK64H8/r...

and at B&N

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/home-...

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 148 comments It is already on my Kindle! :-)Woo!

Jennifer (sadstrumpetjenny) Nice - I just got it too. :)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 91 comments *sigh* a complete set :) I love my nook! lol, but now I'm slightly aggravated that my paperback set isn't up to date....grrr

Jennifer (sadstrumpetjenny) Ha - oh you're one of THOSE! :)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 91 comments yeah, lol, and anthologies irk me too, because I can't decide which author gets it in their section *grumble*

message 38: by Ezi (new)

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) Ok.
so this book is on sale at Amazon for 0.99cents. Where does it fall? I have read books 1-3. i just finished City of Ghosts on Sunday. I like reading books in order, so I need to know if I should read this one or go on to Sacrificial Magic.
Thanks

message 39: by Mona (new)

Mona Bliss (missblissreads) | 75 comments You can safely read Home before SM.

SassyC | 10 comments I found the Home re-release just in time. C&T make a great team ... and when they get sidetracked, it's a bonus. :)

message 41: by Stacia (new) - added it

HOME actually falls between SACRIFICIAL MAGIC and CHASING MAGIC in dramatic time, but there aren't any spoilers if you read it before SM, so it's fine to do so. :-)

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 148 comments What is the "official" reading order for both shorts? Does it matter?

message 43: by Ezi (new)

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) Both shorts? What's the other one?
I only know about Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6) by Stacia Kane

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 148 comments Rick the Brave, it is in the book Home Improvement Undead Edition by Charlaine Harris

Emily | 110 comments That has to be between SM and CM too??

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 148 comments That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if it mattered which order the shorts themselves were read in.

message 47: by Ezi (new)

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) Who is Rick? I have read the all four books and I dont recall a character named Rick? Is that Bumpy's real name?

message 48: by Emily (last edited May 16, 2012 02:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily | 110 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Who is Rick? I have read the all four books and I dont recall a character named Rick? Is that Bumpy's real name?"

It is just a short story. Rick is a one time Character :) The book is from his point of view.

message 49: by Stacia (new) - added it

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* wrote: "What is the "official" reading order for both shorts? Does it matter?"

The "official" reading order would be:

FINDING MAGIC (prequel)

UNHOLY GHOSTS
UNHOLY MAGIC
CITY OF GHOSTS
SACRIFICIAL MAGIC
RICK THE BRAVE
HOME (It's not so important for the shorts, really, but that's the basic order)
CHASING MAGIC

I don't know why Goodreads isn't sending me my notifications, argh!

message 50: by Stacia (new) - added it

Ezinwanyi wrote: "Who is Rick? I have read the all four books and I dont recall a character named Rick? Is that Bumpy's real name?"

Bump's real name is Reginald. :-) I don't believe that info will ever make it into one of the books, though.

« previous 1