Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, #3) Eclipse discussion

How does the Werewolf aging thing work?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ I vaguely remember Jacob mentioning something about how for a period of time Werewolves either don't age at all or age really slowly? How does this work? When do they regain the aging process or do they?

message 2: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat at 16 (or whenever they first turn) they stop again for abut 5 years, then it slows ntil when they are about 80 they look 45 and so on, pretty muck half age

message 3: by Bai (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bai But if that's the case then when Remesmee is 100, she'll look like a 17yr old and Jacob will look 50. That can't be it as we all know SM loves to tie all loose ends...with a bow.

What I remember is that when you first turn, you have a massive growth spurt that makes it look like you are about 25. Then you do not change. As long as you keep shifting, you will never age. Once you give that up, the aging process will continue as normal. That is why the original shifter, the one whose wife killed the first Vampire on the reservation (from the story Billy told) could outlive three wives.

Zafia WW stops aging and as long as they're around vamps they dont have the choice of stopping. Thus making them a perfect match for Nessie. Remember Nahuel that Alice/Jasper brought to the clearing? He was around 150y.

Jennifer From the official guide that SM wrote & released: "once a werewolf transforms, his aging speeds up until he reaches the age of maturity, roughly twenty-five. At this point, as long as he continues to phase, he remains at that age. It's possible that a werewolf could choose to live this way forever and enjoy the same limited immortality as a vampire, but most Quileute werewolves give up phasing in order to grow old and die alongside their family and friends. Once a werewolf gives up phasing altogether, he slowly begins to age again until his aging reaches normal human speed."

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

no, no, no. Werewolfs don't age unless they stop changing therefore if Jacob never stopped changing he wouldn't age but if he stopped changing he would age

Mikaela as long as you keep phasing you live FOREVER :o

message 8: by Richard (new)

Richard They age at will basically.

message 9: by Ariadne (new) - added it

Ariadne They have to want to stop aging. But didn't Jacob say in either New Moon or Eclipse that it was hard to stop phasing and it would take a long time to want to stop?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Baisakhi wrote: "But if that's the case then when Remesmee is 100, she'll look like a 17yr old and Jacob will look 50. That can't be it as we all know SM loves to tie all loose ends...with a bow.

What I remember i..."

exactly! i dont know what youre talking about Glee.

sheecka as long as they phasing they wont grow old physically, yeah they'll add numbers,but it wont show physically,they can live forever if they want too.. i remeber jacob telling this to bella when bella ask about quil's imprinting on claire..

message 12: by Subhiksha (new)

Subhiksha Sridharan If the werewolves don't age as long as the phase, then what about their normal human imprintees? As in Claire would not pause aging at the age of 17. She would continue to age while quil remains young. So how does that work?

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee Subhiksha wrote: "If the werewolves don't age as long as the phase, then what about their normal human imprintees? As in Claire would not pause aging at the age of 17. She would continue to age while quil remains yo..."
This is my question too!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

The werewolves don't live forever, but they don't age for a period of time, until they are able to stop fasing into wolves. That should also answer your question Sudhiksha and Dee, they can stop themselves from fasing.