Chosen (House of Night, #3) Chosen discussion

What traits should a heroin/ hero have in a good book?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I find that in some book that the heroin/ hero cheats, lies, smokes, does drugs etc and I feel like a heroin/ hero shouldn't do stuff like this because there the hero. Someone to look up to. What do you think?

Danielle i think that they should have some flaws because i won't look up to someone who is super perfect..that annoys me when in books the hero is long legged, skinny, hot, long think beautiful hair, big blue eyes etc...thats too perfect for me

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Danielle wrote: "i think that they should have some flaws because i won't look up to someone who is super perfect..that annoys me when in books the hero is long legged, skinny, hot, long think beautiful hair, big b..."

yea perfect looking thats different

Danielle what do you mean by thats different?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Danielle wrote: "what do you mean by thats different?"

well i agree with you i dont think they should look perfect either

Rhiannon I think a good protaganist needs, strength of charactory, bravory, humility, good humour, kindness etc. i think it's important that they grow throughout the book and learn something by the end of it. I think fundamently their morals should be good so we root for them, but don't nescessarily have to be squeeky clean

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter I think the best examples of a a good heroine is Katniss and Hermione. They are great role models and are strong characters. But they aren't perfect and have their flaws. So i think more heroines need to be strong, caring and selfless like them.

With heroes i hate how they're portrayed as prince charming and really handsome all the time. So i think they should be heroic, strong, caring, selfless, flawed and willing to do anything to save innocent people. Harry Potter is one the only characters i can think of and other leads and a few of The Hunger Games guys.

I know i sound biased using Harry Potter and The Hunger Games characters but in my opinion they are true heroic characters.

Veronica Both the protagonists should have substance, strength, good humor, kind heart, intelligence, flawed and a tiny bit not too good looking.
I don't like too handsome/beautiful leads, it makes the novel so unrealistic and predictable. Best examples are Rose Hathaway, Rosa Alcantara, Scarlett Ohara, Gemma Doyle, Jesse de Silva, Harry Potter, Rhett Butler, Cassel Sharpe, Colin and Karthik.

message 9: by Lena (last edited Mar 24, 2012 07:50AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lena Veronica wrote: "Both the protagonists should have substance, strength, good humor, kind heart, intelligence, flawed and a tiny bit not too good looking.
I don't like too handsome/beautiful leads, it makes the nov..."

I agree with you. I hate how the characters in books I read seem to be so much like my friends and I when it comes to humour et cetera, but then it turns out that practically all of these characters are amazingly beautiful/handsome. I don't mind the odd pretty character, but writers are too excessive. I understand that there are pretty people in the world, but there aren't THAT many.

Also, there should be flaws in characters, but I hate it when they make stupid decisions that leaves an entire audience going 'what just happened?' or 'WOW she's/he's an idiot.'