Harry Potter discussion

Personal Preferences > Alternate Endings?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lalita (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Lalita Okay if it were up to you would you have a different outcome? Also, what would have happened to the characters that J.K. Rowling gave no closure to (I know you had to have thought about it!)?

message 2: by Amber (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Amber I would have harry kill voldemort but when he did like a snake voldemort shedd his skin and dumbledore appeared. It would totally be the almight twist. Any body want to add?

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I would have harry kill voldemort,Harry becomes headmaster of hogwarts, hermione becomes a teacher at hogwarts, and Ron works for the ministry of magic like his father.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

i wouldn't have had harry live through the killing curse once again... i would have had him kill voldemort and make his own horcrux with voldemorts soul. then i would have gotten rid of that. just like in the False book 7. I also wouldn't have killed off as many people and creatures as she did.

message 5: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I would totally change the book and have me in the place of Ginny. lol.

No, actually i would have had Harry remain dead and kill voldy poo at the same time. I know it is horrible, but when I write I like to put pain into my charactors because that is what life really is about. Ron and Hermione would have gotten married and named there son Harry. Ginny would have married Seamus. Draco would have been killed by Voldemort and his parents would have turned fully back to the good side. Hagrid would have become very different and would have left Hogwarts and traveled all over the world. Goerge would have married Angelina. Luna would have married Dean. Hermione would be Minister of Magic and Ron would be head of the Auror department. Neville would become the Gryffindor Head of House and taught Herbology. Ginny would work in the Law office. Luna would be a healer and discover all types of better healing stuff. McGonagal would have been killed fighting. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley would move closer to Diagon Alley. Harry's body would of course be layed beside his parents, but he would have gone on.

message 6: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments wow, dark meghan. all those deaths.... i have no idea what my ending would be. maybe because i wouldn't have wanted it to end. it can't end. harry grew up in a muggle world coz dumbledore wanted to protect him from his famous status but how did his children grew? was all of them aware how famous harry is? i think this is the wrong topic to put this post. lol!

message 7: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Ashley (samuraigurl91) | 106 comments wow Meghan. thats totally dark. but i guess JK didn't put Harry dead cause everyone was protesting. haha. i agree with you Peng, thats a wrong post. XD

message 8: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments just can't wait for jk's encyclopedia, ashley. ^_^

message 9: by Allie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Allie | 76 comments I think that harry should have past on but that also ginny should have as well and they would be together and voldemort would die when he killed harry. but I really thought that harry died while reading the book I'm now reading the books for the 4 time how many time shave u read them?

message 10: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:48PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I've read seven three times and i'm reading five agian. I have no clue how many times I've read the rest. I've lost count.

message 11: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Kenzie I know I have read the entire series at least fifty times, except for the seventh, my grandma borrowed it so I have only managed seven times.

My ending, well, I would have kept Harry alive but killed Ginny. Ron and Hermione would have gotten married and Harry would have remained single, living off of Ginny's memory. Fred would have died and George will have closed shop and opened a new one named after Fred. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley would own a condo in Florida where Mrs. Weasley owned a sweater shop and Mr. Weasley pursued his dreams and owned a muggle shop. Luna, Neville, Seamus, etc., they will all have their dream jobs while Lupin died but Tonks remained to take care of their son.

message 12: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Stargaryen | 120 comments My ending... Ron never came back after abandoning Harry and Hermione during the horcrux hunt, Hermione saved Harry from drowning, Harry realised there's only one person who was always there for him and fell in love with her and married her, Neville married Luna, Ginevra died instead of Fred. And most of all, Harry and Hermione's children wouldn't have silly names like Albus Severus or Hugo.