Indie Book Club discussion

General > Who else would love a 'Currently Writing' section?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert (valdieron) | 108 comments I, for one, would love to be able to add a book to my 'Currently Writing' section and provide updates as I progress, with the ability to add tidbits for followers and fans. I wonder if Goodreads has considered something like this, and would it be practicle?

~Rob

message 2: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 2287 comments Mod
I think that'd be cool as hell. That way if fans of yours track you down, for example here on GoodReads, then you'd have an area where you can post updates on your next work.

At the moment, I do something similar on my own blog on my website. But for those who don't know how to do that, or else don't have their own website, it'd be handy to have.

You know, we can always create a section here. Like we have "Writer's Corner", "Self Promo", etc., we could have "Currently Writing". That way if you're presently working on a book, you can create a post and keep your fans updated as to the progress.

Anyone interested in a section like that? I'll definitely throw my hat into the ring and say that'd I'd personally love it. I've met a lot of good friends in here that are awesome writers that I'd love to follow progress on sequels or new books!

Big J

message 3: by JC (new)

JC (jaraccroft) | 1 comments Jeffrey wrote: "I think that'd be cool as hell. That way if fans of yours track you down, for example here on GoodReads, then you'd have an area where you can post updates on your next work.

At the moment, I do ..."

Fantastic idea. This way, anticipation would grow for the book as it is written. Even unpublished authors could feel the accomplishment of posting their own progress for their friends to see.

message 4: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Thanks, JC!

That's three for, none against. Anyone else?

message 5: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 33 comments Sounds like a great idea:-)

message 6: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Okay, our "Currently Writing" section is up and running. I just added my third book (dude, sounds weird to say that!).

If you're working on a book, feel free to create yourself a post in that new section that tells about your book, your progress, estimated completion dates, etc!

message 7: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 56 comments Oh! This sounds like fun. I'll take a look.

message 8: by Derek (new)

Derek Prior (dpprior) | 28 comments Great idea.

message 9: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 7 comments Looks good!

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Glusing | 6 comments You've got my vote, though at the moment I'm also kind of using my blog for that purpose. It would be nice to have a dedicated section on it.

Also, a specific area for short stories. I have several that I've done and having a single place to keep them for fans to browse would be great.