Connecting Readers and Writers discussion

General > A Note About the Bookshelf

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Everly (new)

Everly Anders | 207 comments Mod
Since so many people have joined the bookshelf, I realize I have to make some amendments. You may only put two books on the bookshelf for now. If it gets crazy, I may need to bring that down to one. For now, try to choose your best two. I already took several off by the same author. In addition, I am going to remove some people on the bookshelf who I am pretty sure never use this group. I think it is only fair that people who contribute to this group get more priority.
Thanks You,
Elle

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane Castle (dianecastle) | 19 comments Sounds fair

message 3: by Everly (new)

If I took anyone off who contributes regularly, send em a note and let me know.

message 4: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Andrews (httpwwwgoodreadscomandrews) | 15 comments Hi Elle, Sorry to bother you again, but is there a way I can put my two in the young adult section? They are on the shelf, but seem to be in some sort of limbo ... thanks!

message 5: by Everly (new)

Gillian wrote: "Hi Elle, Sorry to bother you again, but is there a way I can put my two in the young adult section? They are on the shelf, but seem to be in some sort of limbo ... thanks!"

Yes, please put them in the young adult section, that sounds great! Your welcome to put as many of your books there as you like. If you don't see yours in the bookshelf by tomorrow, then put the two back up.

message 6: by Lee (new)

Lee Holz Elle wrote: "Since so many people have joined the bookshelf, I realize I have to make some amendments. You may only put two books on the bookshelf for now. If it gets crazy, I may need to bring that down to one..."

I have three books and multiple editions. I'd like to pare back to one edition each of two, but I don't know how to do it. Please advise.

message 7: by Everly (new)

Lee wrote: "Elle wrote: "Since so many people have joined the bookshelf, I realize I have to make some amendments. You may only put two books on the bookshelf for now. If it gets crazy, I may need to bring tha..."

If you go to the bookshelf and click on the book, at the bottom somewhere, it asks you if you want to remove a book.
Hope that helps.

message 8: by Lee (new)

Lee Holz Elle, I went to the bookshelf and clicked on the book. I could find nothing at the bottom or elsewhere that asked or allowed me to remove the book.

message 9: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie (rosemariel) | 12 comments Elle, I read & reviewed one of the books from the group shelf (good one!), but many authors are not putting the titles they discuss in the genre threads on the shelf. Could you nag them about that? Thanks!

message 10: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Griffin (authorgeraldggriffin) | 306 comments Elle, I tried ever which way I could but, alas, under "read" for my suspense thriller OF GOOD AND EVIL on our bookshelf, I couln't add --- Thriller, Suspense, Romance

Could you do that for me, or tell me the exact steps to follow to do it.

Thanks!

Also, when I click "thriller" (4) to the far left side, only 2 books show up, and my book is not among them.

By the same token, when I click "suspense" (6), only 4 books show up, and my book is not among them.

message 11: by Everly (new)

Gerald wrote: "Elle, I tried ever which way I could but, alas, under "read" for my suspense thriller OF GOOD AND EVIL on our bookshelf, I couln't add --- Thriller, Suspense, Romance

Could you do that for me, o..."

Let me check it into that when I have a moment.

message 12: by Mary (new)

Mary Findley | 110 comments Elle, I absolutely agree with your not wanting to overwhelm people with too many books by one author. Is it okay If I shuffle the two books I can include? Thank you so much for this opportunity!

message 13: by Everly (new)

Mary wrote: "Elle, I absolutely agree with your not wanting to overwhelm people with too many books by one author. Is it okay If I shuffle the two books I can include? Thank you so much for this opportunity!"

Absolutely. Feel free to just put up the two you really want to push.

message 14: by Mary (new)

Mary Findley | 110 comments Thank you, Elle!

message 15: by Lee (new)

Lee Holz Elle, would you please put my two books in the Thriller subshelf. Thanks for paring mine back to one edition of each of two books.

message 16: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Griffin (authorgeraldggriffin) | 306 comments My novel belongs on the Thriller subshelf, and on the group bookshelf should be regarded as a suspense thriller with paranormal overtones, but not blatant.

message 17: by Lee (new)

Lee Holz Gerald wrote: "My novel belongs on the Thriller subshelf, and on the group bookshelf should be regarded as a suspense thriller with paranormal overtones, but not blatant."

Do you have any plans for a Kindle edition?

message 18: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Griffin (authorgeraldggriffin) | 306 comments Lee wrote: "Gerald wrote: "My novel belongs on the Thriller subshelf, and on the group bookshelf should be regarded as a suspense thriller with paranormal overtones, but not blatant."

Do you have any plans fo..."

Lee, my book is aleady in the Kindle edition. Just go to Amazon, search out my novel OF GOOD AND EVIL, and you'll see the Kindle edition along with the paperback.

message 19: by Lee (new)

Lee Holz Thanks, Gerald. The book is now on my TR list.

message 20: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Griffin (authorgeraldggriffin) | 306 comments Lee wrote: "Thanks, Gerald. The book is now on my TR list."

And thank you, Lee, for being a fan. Much appreciated. I love my fans and would love your feedback on my book.:)

message 21: by Lee (new)

Lee Holz Elle,

Please remove The Honeymoon Assignment from the group bookshelf and substitute Impediments. Impediments should go into the historical-fiction-romance subshelf.

By the way, the thriller subshelf says 5 books but only 3 are listed. The Abomination Assignment should be there, and The Honeymoon Assignment should be removed when it is removed from the main bookshelf.

Thanks very much,

Lee